Frog Morton Across the pond

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndySmoker

Reaction score
When I went to the local B&M to look around I saw this tin and decided based on all the times I'm looking around online and the Frog Morton line pops up I'd give it a try. Not only would I give it a try, but I would try it in my brand new Peterson 80s Tyrone (that makes the third 80s)
That was Sunday. Today at 9am I ordered a 100g of Frog Morton ATP and plan on dedicating my new Peterson to this tobacco only.
LOVE IT! love the BBQ smell when I open the can, the smokey flavor, the way it burns to a nice white ash in the pipe, everything!
Now my question.
How low or high is this in the Lat scale? Is it a true Lat blend or just an beautiful brown lat mutt mix dressed up for the masses?

someone recommended this blend to me not too long ago and I love it. It has a certain sweetness to it that meshes well with the latakia. This is a nice change of pace from heavier english blends. I highly recommend it. However, I looked up reviews elsewhere and it received poor ratings on some website for whatever reason. You can get a 50g tin for less than 9 bucks at smokingpipes.com so its worth a try.

I have yet to try anything else in the Frog Morton line. i have a tin of the original that I'm waiting to open until i have finished off my across the pond. I have heard that the Frog Morton cellar blend is good, any thoughts?

I ordered 10 tins of FMOTT early this year (2013). It is definitely one of my go-to tobaccos. As to the OP's question, I don't know but it just tastes sooo good.

Another one I tried for the 1st time last night was SG Balkan Flake. Wow!!

Today I received 15 tins of some GLP blends (hard to go wrong on those) I've never tried; Westminster, Key Largo, and Maltese Falcon.

Tom

I just bought some Frog Morton Across the Pond based on what yall said about it, I give it a few weeks to get to me from NY though. Looking forward to giving it a try, all I've ever really had was a few of Boswell's blends and I've enjoyed them all.