Froggy Mountain Breakdown

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
Out checking the fence line and blap, it starts raining frogs... Seems I read about that in a historical text somewhere, but the title of the book escapes me....

It must be a sign. When frogs fly or rain down from the skies..

It's a wonder we have any frogs left, what with their incredibly high mortality rate and all. Poor little buggers are literally croaking all over the place. ;)

poor frog thinks I'm flying lol

how many frogs were there?

kitobi":qsp70ia9 said:
poor frog thinks I'm flying lol

how many frogs were there?

It was only a few, maybe a couple of dozen that I pulled off of the truck, though there were a few around on the ground as well. I wasn't sure what to make of it. Still not sure. Tree frogs falling out of their trees maybe? I've seen migrations en masse' before, but they were definitely earth-bound.

I've heard of fish falling from the sky but never frogs. I guess the events that cause fish to fall from the sky can cause frogs to do the same. If it ever happen around here I'll be checking to see if someone slipped something besides tobacco in my pipe. Just saying... :)

AJ

Old timers in South East Kentucky swore that it rained frogs. I don't mean, "haha jerk the kids chain." But absolutely swore that it rained frogs...
I had a biologist (and apparent amateur meteorologist) explain how it could happen, but he also had a hard time counting chickens and that cast a shadow on all his theory. I figure him for a practitioner of witchcraft, I made fun of him being short,fat, blind & bald...He told me I was doomed in life to be what I mocked. Damned if that didn't come true.

puros_bran":xr5zdhil said:
Old timers in South East Kentucky swore that it rained frogs.  I don't mean, "haha jerk the kids chain." But absolutely swore that it rained frogs...
I had a biologist (and apparent amateur meteorologist)  explain how it could happen, but he also had a hard time counting chickens and that cast a shadow on all his theory.  I figure him for a practitioner of witchcraft,  I made fun of him being short,fat, blind & bald...He told me I was doomed in life to be what I mocked.  Damned if that didn't come true.
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: That'll learn ya!

AJ

Hell, a fella on another forum believes in little flying men from space so hey, I'm game.
At least I know they are real and frogs exist.

I wonder if he mistook a flying frog for one of those little green men?

Good timing Oz... I had frogs' legs for dinner the other night. :cheers:

Frogs legs, eh.

So then how do the frogs get around? Do they have little tiny wheelchairs?

But what really befuddles me...frogs are fairly solitary creatures...right?  They're always croaking away looking for a mate and all that, but widely disbursed over the geography. So how are a bunch of them ever close enough together to be levitated up into the sky and then rain down somewhere? Mystifying!

https://youtu.be/MsROL4Kf8QY

I was on Kauai once and there was a migration of toads, or something. Big suckers. Like a dinner plate. It was hard to walk anywhere without putting your foot down on one there were so many. Benign but creepy. But that was toads. Like little Jabba the Huts. These? These are FROGS. Very different creature. Swarming toads I can understand. They're like little Orcs. Swarmers. Frogs aren't. The whole thing is really bizarre.

Blackhorse":p4izlnxj said:
Frogs legs, eh.

So then how do the frogs get around? Do they have little tiny wheelchairs?

But what really befuddles me...frogs are fairly solitary creatures...right?  They're always croaking away looking for a mate and all that, but widely disbursed over the geography. So how are a bunch of them ever close enough together to be levitated up into the sky and then rain down somewhere? Mystifying!

https://youtu.be/MsROL4Kf8QY

I was on Kauai once and there was a migration of toads, or something. Big suckers. Like a dinner plate. It was hard to walk anywhere without putting your foot down on one there were so many. Benign but creepy. But that was toads. Like little Jabba the Huts. These? These are FROGS. Very different creature. Swarming toads I can understand. They're like little Orcs. Swarmers. Frogs aren't. The whole thing is really bizarre.
What you probably seen BH is Cane Toads, they can get very large and eat rodents and even birds.

177169-cane-toad-poison-banned.jpg

I've heard of frogs and fish falling from the sky. Supposedly, the theory is, that the fish or frogs got sucked up into a tornado or water spout and eventually fall back to earth after being bounced around on wind currents above.

Was there a tornado in the area? Since living in NC I've seen it rain buckets but never frogs...yet. Oh, I hope it does, smoked frogs legs :cheers: :cheers:

Hello Anthony and Duane, I'm back home now :cheers: :king:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":670lebu7 said:
Was there a tornado in the area? Since living in NC I've seen it rain buckets but never frogs...yet. Oh, I hope it does, smoked frogs legs :cheers: :cheers:

Hello Anthony and Duane, I'm back home now :cheers: :king:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Good to know. Be well and stay that way. :D