From NC

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rufusleeking

Reaction score
Well I FINALLY managed to get signed up after trying 2 different emails and playing the captcha game for 10 damned minutes, being told my email was "invalid" and then something about some "two factor authentication".

This sign up process you have adopted is just a clusterfuck!

How many members have you frustrated enough and lost?

Welcome, sorry you had trouble with the signing-up process; it seems to happen periodically.

In any event, tell us a bit about yourself, and your pipe/tobacco experiences & preferences, etc.

"T"

Please don’t blame the community of pipe guys here for the minor glitches perpetrated by the outfit that runs the operating system.  (They’re in France.) We get frustrated on occasion as well.  

And as Doc sez...do take advantage of the wealth of information and good will offered by the many areas here.  I strongly recommend reading the user guidelines.  Good to know the ropes when swinging around.

And by the way...welcome.

———————

Of interest:

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t34386-signing-up-problems-potential-new-members-read

Welcome to the board. And yes, the signup process for some is frustrating but sadly not in our power to fix. But I'm glad you persevered and are now here. So please do introduce yourself and tell us a bit about yourself, pipe journey, that sort of thing. We're a pretty good bunch of eggs and laid back as well.

:D

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":mfj17092 said:
We're a pretty good bunch of eggs and laid back as well.

:D

Cheers,

RR
Did someone mention my name? Oh well. Welcome to the group. And don’t worry you’re not the only one that’s had issues with this board. I think Belldar Conehead from France runs it.

He hasn't been back since 1 minute after posting this. He did not bother reading the other thread he posted in.

What we are able to do is affect the look and feel of this forum. Little else. I can manually activate a new member. I have no clue if that works. I just manually activated a new user, which is how I ended up here. In a round-a-bout way.

Forumotion handles the underlying software. My complaints about the CAPTCHA security system fall on deaf ears. Once upon a time, I actually could turn it off. But they have taken that option away.

Those scallywags. Too bad they can't be reasoned with. Had enough time with the network overseers chumming up the works to just have to go back and correct things. Arrgh!