Frustrating day that got better.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhuggett

Reaction score
Had to take my kid up north to Tacoma for a medical appointment. The referral gave us the address to the wrong medical facility that was closed and no one was answering the phones. After having to take half a day off work, fight traffic and try to find some place they screwed up and it was looking it was all for nothing. Just as I was going to throw in the towel we received a call from the doctor and it was straightened out.

While I was waiting for her to get out of the office I remembered that there was a tobacco store that opened up not to far from where I was. They opened in response to our new stupid laws about not being able to ship or receive tobacco products unless you were a licensed store operator. We have maybe two or three stores in this entire state that carry anything but cheapo bulks.

Anyway, my daughter and I went in and had a nice visit with the lady who owns there shop. I don't think I got her name but she did say she used to be quite active on smokers forum. They have a great selection for such a little space. I picked up a tin of SG St. James Flake and a tin of Kingfisher being these two are both hard to get right now. The prices here are too high to warrant a large purchase. Think two to three times the price you pay online but I was glad to support them. I also picked up some extra long pipe cleaners being I didn't have any for my HCA Stanwell.

I did rejoin the Seattle Pipe Club again while I was there and got my card and club pin. All in all a nice little trip and my daughter cracked me up with how much she knows just from watching me.

After we left I took her to Hooters for dinner being she's always wanted to go and had never been. She loved the fried pickles. We had a really nice time together and now I'm going to load up my HCA with some Kingfisher. I'm much calmer than I was this afternoon. :lol:

http://www.lambsearfarm.com/tacomatins/

Glad it got better Jason. father/daughter days are special and wonderful. I have two but they're all grown up now. Wish I'd known about the shop when I was up there in Sept. I struck out finding anything.

Keep your feet dry, the season is upin you. Valky

Spending time with your child, finding a new store, reconnecting with the pipe club...sounds not too bad at all!

Valky, my daughter is 19 and although she lives with me we don't spend much quality time together. I'm ashamed to say that's as much my fault as hers, it's been a difficult few years with her. I think that made it feel even more special and apparently it did for her as well being the first thing she did when we got home is post it on Facebook. :lol:

Harlock, that does sum it up nicely. Yup, not too bad at all.

I think one of the cool things is now when I get with my daughter, she's married 2yrs, and I light up, she says, "Wow Dad, that smell brings back fond and peaceful memories of the times we went camping or just sitting out on the deck in the summer. Sometimes we don't realize the impact that the simple moments had on our children minds while they're growing up.

Enjoy Jason, we come across much smarter to them as the years pass.

Yes, Falconer, I've come to realize that my two daughters actually were listening and absorbing so much when I thought they were board to death and not at all interested in what we were doing at the time. They surprise me constantly as they become fine human beings, in spite of my raising them!

Natch

Natch":uc87ds5g said:
Yes, Falconer, I've come to realize that my two daughters actually were listening and absorbing so much when I thought they were board to death and not at all interested in what we were doing at the time. They surprise me constantly as they become fine human beings, in spite of my raising them!

Natch
I reckon it was just Natcheral all along! You done good my friend!

Glad it got better J.
Yea, time with kids are special. At the grindstone of late, took time out Yesterday to play cricket with my son, It was great.

My day sucked, and got worse, Broke the stem on my most cherished Radice rho, by midnight I had a replacement stem lathed and fitted. That sux, original stem gone. The new one has a 4mm draft at least, smokes better than before, but that still sux!!!
Cricket rocked!!

I have a 12 year old that's going on 16. She's growing up so fast and there just doesn't seem like there's ever enough time. Glad your day turned out better and you guys were able to spend some quality time together.

Ah, quality father daughter time at Hooters. Brings back memories. Except in my case I walked in and found my daughter working there..... You need to get some custom T shirts made to commemorate the day Jason. Yours should say "Screw Disneyland, real men take their daughters to Hooters" and hers should say "My dad took me to Hooters. He picked up a waitress and this cool shirt". :lol:

Sounds like a good day!

On a side note, those Washington laws are ridiculous. They went way to far.

Falconer":mi3h5e43 said:
Enjoy Jason, we come across much smarter to them as the years pass.
but not cooler...

hey, that's where jason got the kingfisher! good find.

Puff Daddy":wfylfdu5 said:
Ah, quality father daughter time at Hooters. Brings back memories. Except in my case I walked in and found my daughter working there..... You need to get some custom T shirts made to commemorate the day Jason. Yours should say "Screw Disneyland, real men take their daughters to Hooters" and hers should say "My dad took me to Hooters. He picked up a waitress and this cool shirt". :lol:
I drew the line at buying her a Hooter's shirt but now that I think about it I probably should have let her get one. There was no trying to pick up on the girls on that trip... Hell most of them weren't much older than my daughter. Not to mention WAY out of my league. Maybe 15 years ago. :lol: