Funny line in eBay listing

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, he has a good point to mention that. If someone was smoking cherry Swishers around that Peterson every day, I'd hesitate to bid... :lol:

Somebody ought to ask the seller to confirm that it is a smoke free home. Then point out that though you're looking for a Peterson bowl from a smoke free home its very presence in the home (contaminating said home with various 3rd through nth hand smoke particles) means that the home has been compromised and therefore it cannot be from a smoke free home.

Then explain that once it, and any other smoking implements and accessories, has departed, the home might qualify as a smoke free home. Of course you'd be willing to help by providing a roost for smoke contaminated articles ... for a small fee of course.

Creating smoke free homes the old fashioned way... liberate the pipes and implements of smoke.

Not to drag the thread off topic, but can anyone identify what a 364 equates to in the current naming scheme? I'm guessing closest to 314?

Dave_In_Philly":mngb3jfj said:
Not to drag the thread off topic, but can anyone identify what a 364 equates to in the current naming scheme? I'm guessing closest to 314?
DAVE YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT THE 364 IS A PRE REPUBLIC 3RD GRADE BRIAR. THE 314 IN PRE REPUBLIC TIMES WAS SECOND GRADE BRIAR. THE SYSTEM PIPES IN THOSE DAYS WERE GRADED IN DECENDING ORDER. "DELUXE", " FIRST QUALITY", "0 GRADE","2ND GRADE", 3RD GRADE". SO THE 364 IS THE LOWEST GRADE , AND THE 314 IS NEXT TO THE LOWEST GRADE. HOPE THIS HELPS. MIKE

All of my pipes are from a "smoke free" home aren't yours ? I've paid for my tobacco all my life :p

SPUD 15":t7djjpjv said:
Dave_In_Philly":t7djjpjv said:
DAVE YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT THE 364 IS A PRE REPUBLIC 3RD GRADE BRIAR. THE 314 IN PRE REPUBLIC TIMES WAS SECOND GRADE BRIAR. THE SYSTEM PIPES IN THOSE DAYS WERE GRADED IN DECENDING ORDER. "DELUXE", " FIRST QUALITY", "0 GRADE","2ND GRADE", 3RD GRADE". SO THE 364 IS THE LOWEST GRADE , AND THE 314 IS NEXT TO THE LOWEST GRADE. HOPE THIS HELPS. MIKE
Ah, that actually answers several questions. I just picked up what I was pretty sure was a 317 but it was marked "0".