G.L. Pease Union Square ---- the thread

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaperfavour

Reaction score
wow! this is good! it's complex, its deep, its high in nicotene, wow it's good! no bite right out of the tin. it's far different from the other virginia's on the market. completely natural in taste. wow it's really good! there were moments in the bowl that were kinda like fvf, but different. one bowl and Greg Pease has redefined my idea of great virginia blends! Major home run!

vaperfavour":ur67875z said:
wow! this is good! it's complex, its deep, its high in nicotene, wow it's good! no bite right out of the tin. it's far different from the other virginia's on the market. completely natural in taste. wow it's really good! there were moments in the bowl that were kinda like fvf, but different. one bowl and Greg Pease has redefined my idea of great virginia blends! Major home run!
:lol!: Is it good Vaperfavor?

Just Virginias. A light grassy scent welcomes the nose when opening a tin. This is a sliced cake. So there is many delicate flakes inside the tin in the usual paper cup, or protector. I shook the tin over a sheet of paper until a clump fell out. Two fingers and a thumb gently, but quickly, reduced the flakes to smaller broken pieces suitable for packing. Seems to be adequate strength to suit me. I shall not complain about the moisture level. I expect the tin will dry some as I smoke it over a time and it will be interesting to see how, or if, the taste changes. Does not seem to be bitey. I am smoking this in a Ruthenberg reverse bent billiard. Almost a variation of a pot shape. With thick walls. A pipe I have only used for Virginia blends. For a time I will dedicate this blend to this one pipe and see if it gets better. No dottle left. Just a dark gray ash. Seems to be clean on the palate.

Yeah. Just a quicky one-bowl review. Quite enjoyable. My tongue isn't overloaded with spicy tingle. More later as I smoke more of it.

Cornell and Diehl had many tins of it at the show,a phonecall to them would
get you some probably before the online shops get theirs.I smoked it in a large
meer and noticed nothing,completely neutral.Smoked in a smaller briar it was
better but still nothing special.I'll smoke the rest of the tin before I can decide if
it's for me.

Winslow :sunny:

Smoking some now in an XL Ardor Xmas pipe dedicated to Va.'s.Yes,now I see
said the blind man to the deaf mute,very good stuff.

Another short comment.

Upon first light I get a bitter taste. Probably sensory overload. It quickly smooths out and becomes a really nice Virgina.

I appologize, because I smoked a bowl in a Rad Davis Castello #55 shape. I had a bunch of town paperwork I am working on and needed a pipe I could easily clench. I was going to stick with the slightly larger Ruthenberg. Same taste in both pipes.

That's one of the coolest things about this hobby,that good Virginias keep getting
better as time passes.I never heard of anyone cellaring cigarettes. :twisted:

I have been looking foward to trying this since Greg announced it. Thanks for the review!

vaperfavour":5pp2jiw7 said:
So.....
.........Is it good? :tongue:

Just smoked a sampler in my Comoy "test pipe." It was a delicious smoke. The tobacco packed well, lit well, and one light took me to the bottom of the bowl. I'm no expert in identifying flavors in the taste, but I enjoyed it. Only one thing - after the smoke I got quite dizzy - one of those "highs" you hear about every once in a while. Kajun Kake from C&D did the same thing to me. It seems I struggle with some VA's, but not others. I had to lay down a spell. Sheesh. Maybe I'm just a whimp. I doubt I'll try it again, but it was, again, a delicious and enjoyable smoke until the very end.

Carlos":18glb9ra said:
Haven't had a pipe in days. Terrible sinus allergy cold thing happening here.
Hope you get over that quickly Carlos!

I got mine today. :bounce:
This is terrific! I'm glad I started with a dozen tins.
I'll be getting a bunch more when it comes in pound cans.

TallSmoke":tws8qby8 said:
one thing - after the smoke I got quite dizzy - one of those "highs" you hear about every once in a while.
TS, what you experienced was what I and some before me call "The Velvet Hammer"
Don't give up on the blend just yet, try it in a smaller pipe smoked at a relaxing pace.

Good luck...

Included a few tins of this in todays order, looking forward to having a bowl