Game of Thones

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, almost didn't watch the final season after watching the last but too invested at that point. Final season was pretty disappointing.

That is one series I have never seen. I have been Netflix binging on a number of other shows that I missed while cooking at night for the last 16 years.

I didn’t watch the HBO series but I did read the existing 5 books which took YEARS thanks to GRRM’s grossly extended publication schedule...still 2 not published.

Does that count?

Blackhorse":n5kfonw7 said:
I didn’t watch the HBO series but I did read the existing 5 books which took YEARS thanks to GRRM’s grossly extended publication schedule...still 2 not published.

Does that count?
Sure! I wonder if he will ever finish.

Not a bad TV show, but I do think the last couple of seasons were rushed and prevented it from becoming a great series.

Fight'n Hampsters":hj0ebobl said:
Not a bad TV show, but I do think the last couple of seasons were rushed and prevented it from becoming a great series.
I still feel it was a great series, but you really can't compare a couple guys who weren't professional writers to a guy who might be one of the great writers of a genre. Adaptations aren't easy, so I'm not taking anything away from them in that regard, but once they ran out of rich text, it was a new, lesser world.

Zeno Marx":q7aasfdk said:
Fight'n Hampsters":q7aasfdk said:
I still feel it was a great series, but you really can't compare a couple guys who weren't professional writers to a guy who might be one of the great writers of a genre.  Adaptations aren't easy, so I'm not taking anything away from them in that regard, but once they ran out of rich text, it was a new, lesser world.
Yup, I agree. I think way too many people got way too bent out of shape about it. I had read the books, so that prevented me from being surprised with all of the twists and turns for most of the series. while I did like the series, I probably would have liked it much better had I not known what was going to happen.