Game of Thrones

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not expecting the world, but with each trailer, I'm more of an excited sucker. House of the Dragon.

Last edited:
The past two weeks, my youtube feed was full of GoT reaction videos. I can't imagine watching any show that I love, and that I fully immerse myself in, with a group of people or in a bar. I don't even like to pour myself a glass of something. I don't want any distractions at all. I fold up and sit still in utter silence for an hour. Maybe with a partner, but no more than me and another. I do admit I drank quite a bit of whiskey when watching Mad Men. They were drinking, and so was I. I digress. But to have everyone calling out their every thought and emotion, to approach it like a soccer match. I'm not better. They're not wrong. I just can't imagine that being fun or in best service to my experience.

check out a video of outside an apartment building last night. This gives a good indicator of how big House of the Dragon, and the GoT universe, is right now. I hope the link works. Does it? Maybe I should be impressed HBO didn't crash last night?
https://metro.co.uk/video/new-york-apartment-block-watching-house-dragon-2755951/

Last edited:
It's not a huge mistake but probably the biggest mistake we made when choosing a house design for our current residence was selecting one with a great room. Seems like it never fails that a movie I'm watching gets to a critical point and someone walks into the kitchen area to fix a snack and "clatter, clank, thud" noises from dishes, cupboard doors, and the refrigerator doors interrupt the show.

It's not a huge mistake but probably the biggest mistake we made when choosing a house design for our current residence was selecting one with a great room. Seems like it never fails that a movie I'm watching gets to a critical point and someone walks into the kitchen area to fix a snack and "clatter, clank, thud" noises from dishes, cupboard doors, and the refrigerator doors interrupt the show.
I grew up in a house with a grandfather clock that did its thing ever quarter hour. By the third quarter of each hour, the chiming was a full 6-8 seconds, and as you can imagine, at night, when you're most likely to be relaxing and watching TV, it was chiming anywhere from 8-12 seconds on the hour. The d@mn thing was 15ft from the TV. It was an absolute nuisance and very, very frustrating.

Yeah, I don't care for open floor plans for the very reason you describe. I don't want to hear, nor see, what everyone else is doing. I like walls, rooms, privacy, and quiet.

HBO Max is giving away episode 1 of House of the Dragon on youtube. I've been debating getting HBO just because of this show, so we're gonna see here...