Gaslight - Looking Back

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldmansmokingpipe

Reaction score
Gaslight - Looking Back

Well, I reviewed Gaslight soon after it was released, and absolutely fell in love with it. That was my Holy Grail after Balkan Sobranie No. 759 Black Label of the 60's, 70's, and 80's. (Along with the original Bengal Slices.) I always considered 759 to be my Longbottom Leaf! Everything just made sense to me. That magical aroma and taste and the actually beauty of the tobacco visually.

I had Found Abingdon and thought - wow! - but it has a bit of bite in there which has to be a certain Virginia. But damn - nice. Then Gaslight - that was it. I have smoked almost 18 pounds as of this writing and until most recently when I tried a few others; it has been my one and only smoke - My Holy Grail and My Longbottom Leaf. I will be revisiting Abingdon with a ½ pound but Gaslight I just got in 2 lbs and ordered 2 more.

Well after all of these pounds I have to say it is still a very smooth deep dark magically mystical tobacco that when pressed into the bars emerges as a deeply profound smoke that takes one deep within or also far outside of one's Self. If you love Latakia - try this one; but do not buy it all - save a bunch for me. If you loved the 759 Black label then you owe yourself a treat - No this is not similar or trying to be - But it is so profound and most smooth and unique that it will blow you away.

Greg has done an impeccable job in creating this mystical blend. My 2 cents...

Oldman, you always make me want gaslight more than I ever thought I wanted it! Seriously, I feel like sneaking out of bed and into the basement to have a bowl right now... mmmm

I've had a tin of this for about two years - maybe I'll open it tonight - don't know what I've been waiting for!

if you like Latakia give it a try. 2 oz tins available or 8 oz - get the 8 and send me the rest if you do not like it... Just kidding. 8 oz is cheaper. open it - put the bars in a pint mason jar and i keep 1-2 bars i smoke daily in another pint mason jar so i do not keep opening up the one that has the bulk of the bars in it.