Gatlinburlier

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshoowah

Reaction score
Supposedly the establishment has been targeted as a "test case" for some form of legislation. They are currently unable to ship any form of pipe tobacco to those who order it online. Shipping tobacco is no longer tolerated under this supposed legislation.

Anyone know anything about this mystery legislation? I can't find much on it, and I find it hard to believe such a small establishment that ships very little tobacco to be targeted over the likes of P&C and Smokingpipes.

The owner decided to pick a fight with the feds. Rather than complying with existing law, they chose to ignore a provision. Then they very publicly got in the fed's face. The feds were not amused.

If a law is stupid, we need to elect people who will protect all of our liberties and freedoms, not thumb our noses at them and willfully ignore the law.

For what were they, well, enjoined sounds like the right word. The diatribe on their website is not clear about anything except their displeasure.

Metaphorical moment:
Live and let live works. A can of raid works. Kicking the hornet's nest, however, is stupid.

For me, I've never bought from Gatlinburlier so it doesn't immediately affect me, but their site does seem a bit much when it comes to complaining about a given legislation.

Can't really blame the Feds in a situation like that. It's like the question of what do you do if a guy slaps your sister?

It's not a question of what would you do, it's simply a matter of what you have to do. Most people would get a lot further in life, if they started any endeavor with some basic respect for other people.

Sigh.......

This smells of a little guy with the small dog complex. Unfortunately for us, this may set enough precedence to affect all online vendors.

once again, sigh....

we need to get tighter grow the tobacco and share our info and for example one grows then send it to one that can cures then send it to one that can smoke it or perique it or age it or what ever then we all share in the bounty and we all had a part to do in it and I know there are tobaccos people love but I know Ozark wiz can take a tobbacoo smell it smoke it and work with it till we find a way to make it taste the same he is a fudging genius when it comes to that lets use our strengths and show them they cant hurt us or stop us

They have apparently found a way around the government blockade and are shipping pipe tobacco once again.