Gawith Hoggarth Perique

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugsahearn

Reaction score
Hey mugs, anybody smoked the blending Perique from Gawith Hoggarth? I seem to only care for Gawith tobaccos, and I'm not very fond of the Mcclelland perique i've got. I'm wondering if I would like this perique, it's only available overseas. I wonder why GH doesn't produce Perique blends, only Louisiana Flake which is VERY light on the Perique. Would be awesome of they made a perique bomb rope or a really strong Vaper flake

A Periquey Jump Rope, perhaps? Tha could be fun.... Sounds like a new blend to me!

I seem to recall they had a Perique to blend with, but as I recall it was rather peppery. I'll have to find out....

I'm not crazy about the McClelland Perique either, however, to be fair I haven't cracked it open in quite a while. Have you tried the C&D perique(s)? They have long cut and short square cut, I believe, but I've yet to try them and have often wanted to.

Bugsahearn":1fjoomda said:
I wonder why GH doesn't produce Perique blends, only Louisiana Flake which is VERY light on the Perique. Would be awesome of they made a perique bomb rope or a really strong Vaper flake
The VaPers sold under the Synjeco label are made by either by Gawith Hoggarth or Sam Gawith (Bad Nun II, Holker Twist, Kentmere Sliced Twist, Clegir Rope, Grenodd Rope, etc.), but they might interest you.

http://www.synjeco.ch/pataall/taba/2000.php?i5s1

nismo270r has been running a synjeco group buy twice a year. If you're interested, do a 'watch thread' here for his next announcement:

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t32194-synjeco-group-buy-2016-samuel-gawith-plugs-schurch

Bugsahearn":1ig5iva0 said:
Hey mugs, anybody smoked the blending Perique from Gawith Hoggarth? I seem to only care for Gawith tobaccos, and I'm not very fond of the Mcclelland perique i've got. I'm wondering if I would like this perique, it's only available overseas. I wonder why GH doesn't produce Perique blends, only Louisiana Flake which is VERY light on the Perique. Would be awesome of they made a perique bomb rope or a really strong Vaper flake
This might be fine for lovers of Lakelands but, I ordered 2 oz. of Louisiana Flake once thinking I would like it having perique in the blend not knowing it was indeed a Lakeland. Granted it doesn't play a top roll in the blend but, for those with a sensitive taste It will surely come through as soapy as it did me. Just a warning to those who can't palette a Lakeland blend. ;)

Thanks for the suggestion, I think GH makes Perique blends for GQ too. Louisiana Flake has a chocolate topping but is also florally as well. Nate I haven't tried the CD Perique but the few times I buy a CD blend I ask myself why did I buy this low quality garbage lol

Bugsahearn":9pn3znrc said:
Thanks for the suggestion, I think GH makes Perique blends for GQ too. Louisiana Flake has a chocolate topping but is also florally as well. Nate I haven't tried the CD Perique but the few times I buy a CD blend I ask myself why did I buy this low quality garbage lol
Lol... ouch, I hear ya. There are those I think are harsh(ala Red Carpet, Crooner), and some C&D blends I really like (Kajun Kake, Opening Night).