Gawith Sweet Brandy Twist

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Gawith Sweet Brandy Twist - one of my recent acquisitions from Mr Snuff.

Interesting that this one came more dry than any other twist or rope, ever. Not in a problematic way, as it seems to have enabled a really fine smoking experience, with one shortfall. The base twist is Brown and it's flavors were pronounced. The scenting is Brandy and as usual is very light, taking a harsh edge off the Brown base experience. Rum, Whiskey, Brandy...all in the same family but subtly different. I got slight hints of the Brandy here and there during the smoke. The dryness still left the twist pliable and easy to slice and crush and tear into a bowl filling wad...tamped lightly. It fired up easily land burned readily. The small issue was that I had to take care to sip it very slowly or it would heat up more than I like. But these things are meant to be sipped and again, the results were very rewarding. One of the more expensive twists due to the source and shipping. Worth it? Well, to be honest, since the Rum and Whiskey are available here in the USA I will most likely stick to those...plus the Maple, which is special I think. At least for me. Good stuff though. Very highly recommended.

Brandy, you say?

Maple sounds good too though. Going to shoot for maple first, then I might reach out for the brandy.... Strong ropes are fun!

It sounds interesting. Thanks for the review. :)

AJ