Gawith Sweet Plum Twist

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
OK...this one is quite potent re scent & flavor...for a twist, most of which are very subdued. My chunk came fairly dry as well so it burns eagerly. It burns down more quickly than the other more dampish twists, being physically less dense, or something. The flavoring is very nice. Somewhat in the genre of Firedance but without the brandy & cream. Also a bit like Pete's University Flake. Definitely strong, brown twist undertone with the plum riding on top. Very nice altogether. I think that given the strength of tobacco flavors derived from the brown twist and the careful handling of the top scent this would be one most any experienced pipe smoker would appreciate. It is available from Mr Snuff and given its UK cost level plus shipping does not come cheap. But it certainly is a fine addition to the larder.

This leaves the Sweet Cinnamon Twist as the only one I haven't yet tried of my recent TAD orders. That one has a definite Cinnamon spice aroma, and presents an interesting possibility...that of mixing the Plum and Cinnamon. I think it would be a killer dessert blending. Like "Plum Tart" perhaps. The idea has captivated me totally and my next trial will be equal portions of the two. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will pan out. The Cinnamon might also do well mixed with Sweet Rum or Brandy Twists. More on the blending later.

Another fine review and like the others this one had me drooling. Blackhorse and our esteemed Professor "T" (DrT999) played a major role in my journey into GH and Co.'s house of very fine tobacco blends. I think my friend Blackhorse is on a mission to see just how many more blends he can't get me to buy especially since I've stated that I wasn't going to be buying anymore tobacco. :lol!: Anyway Dave I do appreciate the review but since cinnamon is my all time favorite spice, I hope it won't be much longer before you post a review on the Sweet Cinnamon Twist. :)

AJ

Oh goody goody! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

AJ

You know...without even having tried any of the Cinnamon I could write a review...and it would be totally accurate. The only variables would be the moisture level of the twist, when received, and the degree of scenting in the pouch and then how that plays out during the smoke. The stuff will have the same potent brown twist base as the others, it will be a strong smoke for experienced puffers, etc. Maybe an after breakfast Cinnamon bowl tomorrow?

I think they do a Sweet Vanilla Twist. How about Cinnamon and Vanilla mixed 50:50? Sort of a CinnaBon smoke! Yeesh!

Blackhorse":9hppfq30 said:
Thanks AJ. Cinnamon will be in the next trial.
Mine will be peach, when the next order arrives :D Something completely different for me

Blackhorse":ygbxzei8 said:
I think Peach (as a casing, etc.) is quite broadly popular.

I've wondered about Anise Seed (is that right?). How close it is to Licorice, how light or heavy?
In general, I believe it's a stronger flavor, but I'm sure that varies from product to product

The GH & Co.'s American Blend Sweet Peach is probably one of the best Aromatics I've ever smoked. A Brother here sent me a sample very recently and I was totally surprised by the quality and the taste. The Peach flavored topping is actually consistent but not overpowering to the end of the bowl. What surprised me was that the peach taste didn't taste like ground peach kernels like so many artificially peach flavored blends taste. The blend is made with Burley and Va. tobacco but I don't think I can taste the Va.'s. I could taste a nutty sweetness that I believe to be coming from the Burley. It would be interesting to know how this blend compares to Sweet Peach Twist. :)

AJ