GBD 9456

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pistolero

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Snagged this one off ebay. Couple seller's pics:
virgin01.jpg

virgin02.jpg

virgin03.jpg

Smoked a bowl out of it last night. Smokes OK but it has a ghost. Bought a Virgin billiard 9436 a few years ago that has the EXACT same taste. Did everyone who had these in the 70s smoke Mixture 79 in them? Is someone selling me Hugh Hefner's old pipes?

I took both stummels and soaked them in 90% IPA overnight. This morning I sanded out all the cake and drilled out the shank holes. Leaving them with IPA soaked cotton balls in them for now. We'll see if that drives the ghosts out.

This morning I sanded out all the cake and drilled out the shank holes.
I like to do this before any soaks or extensive running water/soap/tube brush cleaning. I want to be scrubbing, cleaning, sanitizing, or whatever it is I'm trying to do on bare wood.

what's IPA? You're not talking India Pale Ale, are you?

I like to do this before any soaks or extensive running water/soap/tube brush cleaning. I want to be scrubbing, cleaning, sanitizing, or whatever it is I'm trying to do on bare wood.

what's IPA? You're not talking India Pale Ale, are you?
I second this method, for me the cake is MUCH easier to remove when it's bone dry.

OK I smoked a bowl of PA in it. The ghost is 99% gone. Nothing a few bowls won't get rid of. Not a great smoke though. Maybe when it gets some cake back in it it will be OK..