G'day!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nik danger

Reaction score
Greetings from Lancaster County, Pennsylvania!

So....
I'm a refugee from christianpipesmokers.net, as the site was compromised and poor john boy is so busy with life that he hasn't had time to resurrect it.
Right now, I'm cold turkey as I put in an application with a health care system that also tests for nicotine and the system does not tolerate it's employees imbibing in any form of tobacco.
However, if I get hired, I will again enjoy tobacco - pipe smoking and economical hand rolled cigars.
You say, what do I smoke and in what ? Well, I smoke non-goopy aromatics in both briar and corncobs. The wonderful guys at cps.net have given me so many pipes as gifts, that I've only purchased three briars so far. I own two corncobs, MM generals and two more unsmoked generals, "naked", that I will have to dip in plaster of paris.
I own a range of briars, including 3 "big" pipes, I mean really big and one meerschaum and one swiss hand-made alpen pipe with the longer stem, and hand applied embellishments.
I smoke Lane 1Q and Lane BCA. Also like Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bull's Eye Flake.
In the cigar category I like smoking JC Newman Odyssey Connecticut, and when I can afford them, Rocky Patel Connecticut, Baccarat Candela Rothschild, and IF I receive an unexpected windfall, Macanudo Cafe. I actually prefer candela/double claro cigars, but as some of you may know, these sticks have fallen out of fashion and relatively few are made. I enjoy gordo sized sticks - 60 ring gauge or larger. I also like cigarillos, but the hand rolled kind are not really worth the money as one gets more bang for the buck with 50 ring gauge or larger.
I don't like the excise tax Pennsylvania imposed, on top of the existing sales tax. I figure it adds approx. another 12.5% to the 6% sales tax. But, I do know that in places like Australia, I believe an excise tax of something like 300% is imposed and in Europe the additional excise tax on tobacco is something like 25% or higher. So I' not complaining.
I just broke my only dedicated glass amber colored cigar ashtray and am grieving, as I have no other ashtrays, (Anyone have a glass or any cigar ashtray they'd like to sell?).

OK, what does the new guy drive? A 2008 Trek 4500 MTB-modified and a 2012 Honda Fit- man trans with the Trek MTB mounted semi-permanently to a Saris bicycle rack.

What does the FNG listen to? All manner of rock, with an emphasis on progressive/art rock and post-grunge late 20th century rock. However, also love the "hard rock" musicians of their time, such as Beethoven, Mozart, and Vivaldi.

What does the new man do to pay his bills? Work in the health care field as a licensed _______ .

I speak german fluently, having lived/schooled/worked/played in Austria and Germany for a few years as an adolescent. Favorite nation to visit- Italy, hands down.

Am a honorably discharged Air Force veteran, four year gig, terminal at E-4. Worked in base supply at Air Training Command and did not fly aircraft, but rode in aircraft such as the T-39 Sabreliner and the C-5B Galaxy. When I first got to there the tenant ANG unit was still flying the STOL C-7A Caribou, what an aircraft, piston engined and all!

OK, I believe I've given you a somewhat detailed bio. How about y'all?

Nik

Welcome Nik and happy 4th of July to ya. Way great bio and thanks for sharing all that. Wish more did. Hope you find our little corner of the world accommodating.

Cheers,

RR

That’s the best bio I’ve seen here in quite some time! Welcome.

Re lifting your posting restrictions? No can do if you’re asking to post in the Trading Post. Everyone plays by the same rules. Be a member for 30 days & make 30 posts. It’s not hard or overly restrictive. And of course there’s always Google.