George Dickel Cascade Hollow

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justpipes

Reaction score
Last week I purchased a 5th of the new George Dickel Cascade Hollow Tennessee Sour Mash Whiskey just to see if it might be a less expensive decent whiskey and low and behold it is not bad at all! I am really pleasantly pleased with it.

How does it compare to the old George Dickel #8? I noticed Cascade Hollow has a similar looking black label minus the #8.

Jim

Ol'Dawg":1wynxdfn said:
How does it compare to the old George Dickel #8? I noticed Cascade Hollow has a similar looking black label minus the #8.

Jim
Jim,

I really couldn't tell you but the guy at the ABC store said they were very similar. I had never really drank much George Dickel before. I just heard someone talking about this new Cascade Hollow series and thought I would try it and it turned out to be quite good IMHO. Not bad at all for $11.95 a fifth. A half gallon at our ABC is if I remember correctly $28.95.

George Dickel is one of my house bourbons. I keep both the no. 8 and the 12 (I think, the on with the beige label). However, last time I went to replenish they only had the cascase hollow.

I'm scared man, scared.

I visited the George Dickel Distillery last week. It's only about 45 miles from where I live. The Cascade Hollow is the same recipe as the 8 and 12 it is just very young. When Dickel was sold to its parent company there was a lot of whiskey in the barrel so production stopped for a while. In the meantime with the bourbon boom the demand for Dickel went up as well and exhausted the "old" whiskey on hand. Cascade Hollow was offered to fill the gap until the regular 8 and 12 could be made available again. Dickel is outstanding stuff. For a real treat try the Barrel Select.

Tennessee Dave":o9zxltcy said:
Dickel is outstanding stuff. For a real treat try the Barrel Select.

I have, and I agree 100 percent.

Dangit, I may have to drive to the liquor store now.

I'm having my first experience with Dickel right now, the #8. Not bad at all, and a very nice sipper.

Dillon":pn2qoclu said:
I'm having my first experience with Dickel right now, the #8. Not bad at all, and a very nice sipper.
Nice avatar Dillon! :D