Getting a Meer fixed....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

regor

Reaction score
Does anyone know a place where I can get the plastic inserts replaced in one of my pipes. The meer itself isn't broken just the inserts.. I talked to one place and she had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. Other places I've checked don't work on meers at all. I have to have it in this country so customs doesn't get it LOL. I also have another pipe that needs the stem replaced. I droped it and it snapped. The briar isn't broken , just the stem. I am very frustrated about this so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You - Roger, I do need to talk to them first and willbe happy to call them.

Roger, seen those inserts offered @ AAA Meerschaum. The one that fits in the stem, I guess it would be called the tenon piece, looks like no big deal to R&R. That one in the shank,or the mortise end looks a little scary. I just got my first meer last week a b-day gift, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of thread in that shank. I'd be damn careful with that part of it, and am sure others will jump in with more experience than I. The stem can be replaced by any reputable pipe repair person, prob. for about $20. Several of them are mentioned on this forum in diff. locations.

www.AAAMeerschaum.com I don't know how to set it up so you can just click, but thats their addy 1-888-626-2694

Bd Bruce

Never Forget!

Thanks Bruce!!! I found a place that would love to do it for me at what seems a good price. I called the place before and the girl didn't tell me that she doesn't know anything about repairs. the boss came backe from vacation last night and called me this afternoon. He knew exactly what I was talking about and said no problem. Thats sure is a load off my mind. The pipe has a lot of sentmental(sp) value. I think its all worked out now. Thanks again :cyclops: :sunny: :sunny:

I will be sure to do that!! I'm getting another two pipes fixed as well. The meer is a big two piece buffalo pipe. I seem to have a thing about buffalos LOL. The other two pipes need stems on them. I am sure looking forward to getting them back and smoking them. I already have the tobacco picked out, some 6 year old 2015. It sure is hard to wait. Its been my favorite tobacco since I first started smoking a pipe :cyclops: :sunny: :sunny: :bounce:

If you get a chance to post a note, was wondering who you are using for the repairs? I am still collecting helpful names and putting them away in a safe place for the future...

Lots of good links in the Links forum. At the time of adding, they were good. I suppose we should check them from time to time. But all were recommended by another member here.

BoB's Links

The person I sent it to called me the other day and said there was no problem at all. After a few seconds he started laughing a little and said the meer is all fixed while we were talking. Just a matter of replacing the inserts. Took all of two mins.. He is also replacing the stem on another pipe and will mail it back to me so I should get on Tues or so along with the bill LOL. I am happy as can be so far :bounce: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: