Getting a New Pipe Club Up & Running in Ontario!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ontariopiper

Reaction score
This is a special shout-out to any brothers and sisters in and around the Kitchner/Waterloo area of southern Ontario. We're starting a new pipe club, and we want YOU to join!

Our first official meeting is set for 24 Jan 2016. We've had heated indoor space made available to us, so no need to wait til the snow melts to get together and share a bowl and good conversation with other pipers in the area.

If you're interested in coming out, PM me for more details.

I will also gladly take advice and suggestions from those of you who are already part of a local club. What makes the club work for you? How do you raise $$ for club activities? What makes you keep going back? If you could change anything about your pipe club, what would it be?

Cheers in advance.

Charles

Lord Guyrox":rpwa2tfe said:
So..................Still on good course for that upcoming meeting, mate? :D
Indeed we are! This Sunday afternoon. Looking forward to meeting the gents that have replied to me so far. ;)

Proof it happened. Yours truly is behind the camera so not in the group shot, but we had 5 pipers for our first meeting. Next month's meet is already on the books for Feb 21. :D

Very grateful for the member who offered up his workshop for the meeting - indoor, heated space with running water. Practically paradise for Canadian pipers in January!

5 participants for a first meeting, and in the middle of winter, is a very good omen! :cheers:
What were you guys smoking?
Glad things are kicking off on such a good foot-and sad I can't attend as it's too far from Ottawa. :roll:

Lord Guyrox":kvuny3wm said:
5 participants for a first meeting, and in the middle of winter, is a very good omen! :cheers:
What were you guys smoking?
Glad things are kicking off on such a good foot-and sad I can't attend as it's too far from Ottawa. :roll:
Everyone brought at least two different baccys to share, so there was a lot of choice at the table. Remarkably no repeats either!

A great way to spend a Sunday afternoon :D

ontariopiper":7me91j9b said:
Proof it happened. Yours truly is behind the camera so not in the group shot, but we had 5 pipers for our first meeting. Next month's meet is already on the books for Feb 21. :D

Very grateful for the member who offered up his workshop for the meeting - indoor, heated space with running water. Practically paradise for Canadian pipers in January!
Who's that handsome guy with the hat? ;)

We have a Name AND a Website!

The club is now officially the "Briars & Bull Pipe Club" (cuz there's lots of each at our meetings!).

You can find us online HERE