Gin and Tonic

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
As a young pup, during my college years, before going into the army, given a choice of an alcoholic beverage, I chose gin and tonic with a dab of Rose's sweet lime juice. I'm sure it's close to 50 years since I've had a gin and tonic until tonight. I have had gimlets and martinis, but not a gin and tonic. On my way home from my daughter's house after dinner, I pulled into the parking lot of Total Wine and went in just to browse. There was an end cap with Seagrams gin, one among my boyhood favorites, Seagrams, Gilbeys and Gordons, all cheap and none too floral. I bought a 750 ml of Seagrams (the cheapest at $8.99) and a liter of tonic water. I'm really enjoying this gin and tonic and will have another before bedtime tomorrow.

My daughter always enjoyed Seagram's, somewhat due to the "Ancient Bottle" design! For our G&T's, I use Gordon's, Bombay, Beefeater, & Plymouth generally (I always have these in the bar for our "'Tini's!!" FTRPLT

I love gin and tonic I'm been drinking it but a lot lately I have been drinking New Amsterdam stratosphere gin and I like that the gym has a it's it's strong enough on the on the juniper it's not as floral it's more citrus noted great little gin great little drink

I have been drinking New Amsterdam stratosphere gin and I like that the gin is strong enough on the juniper and not as floral. It's more citrus noted; great little gin, great little drink.
The price is certainly reasonable; locally at Total Wine $24.00 per 1.75 l, but that's 10 bucks more than the Seagrams.

I was never a g&T drinker until I discovered Bols gin. NOw, if I can find a good genefer gin, i'm fine, first choice being Bols. Can't do English gins.

I was never a g&T drinker until I discovered Bols gin. NOw, if I can find a good genefer gin, i'm fine, first choice being Bols. Can't do English gins.
Try Hofland Jenever. It's from the Netherlands: has a hint of apple, vanilla, juniper and orange. Also pretty cheap at about $13 for 750 ml. Review

My research today involved drinking gin and having gassy bloat. The flatulence experts seem to agree that tonic sweetened with sugar increases bloat. Drink gin in moderation without additional sugar and carbonation and those with whom you may come in contact will be happier.

I got drunk from gin on my wedding day! I still enjoy gin and tonic,
I should have gotten too drunk on anything to marry my first wife. What a disaster!
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Now, I shall have a dry, very dry gin martini.

I am having the strangest "martini" of my life. It's my brother's fault.
3 oz. gin
ice
1/2 teaspoon of Trader Joe's Salsa Verde
A slice of sweet onion

Put the salsa verde on the bottom of a glass. Add the gin.
Stir slightly, then pour through a strainer into a cocktail glass.
Add ice and a slice of onion.
Peculiarly good. I think its partly a function of using a simple non-floral gin.

I love a good gin and tonic. Currently have Aviation American and Fords London in my stock. I feel like it's more of a summer drink though and as it's cooling down in back into heavier drinks