Giving an old 'baccy tin a new life

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stick

Reaction score
I'm not sure why but I find tobacco tins aesthetically pleasing things so I tend to hold on to them, believing that one day I'll put them to good use.  So...

Take one of my favourites:

Add a few bits:

Get a bit creative, and add a few materials and a few hours work:

Et voila!!! One travel tin to protect my new de safety razor.

Materials used:

4mm depron model aircraft foam
Thin fleece material cut out of an old jacket
Collall glue
Varnish (for the paper label)

Neat use for the tin, now what do you use for your mug, soap, and brush? :twisted: :twisted:

monbla256":v3ubo6pn said:
Neat use for the tin, now what do you use for your mug, soap, and brush? :twisted: :twisted:
They're all in this one Michael:

;)

Seriously though, I took a plastic curry powder pot that was just a little longer than the brush and cleaned it up.  With the lid on it protects the knot perfectly.

The puck comes in a metal dish with a lid which fits into the bowl I use for lathering.

I'm good to go!

Stick my Friend. You never cease to amaze me. Thanks for being a good role model ....

Not sure about being a good role model Alex, but I do like to tinker... here's my blade bin...

I've seen the razor travel case deal before, but with an Altoid tin. These other ideas are new to me. Nice thinking.

Zeno Marx":ng2yusxw said:
I've seen the razor travel case deal before, but with an Altoid tin.  These other ideas are new to me.  Nice thinking.
To be honest, it was the Altoid tin version that gave me the idea. Turns out a baccy tin is just about perfect for the purpose too.