GL Pease No Longer Blending?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fight'n Hampsters

Reaction score
Read in a post on here that someone heard through the grapevine that Pease has retired from blending and is letting C&D keep producing his current blends. Anyone have any insider info on this?

Apparently, from infos gathered from other forums, he is focusing on wine production as well as photography.

Really, how much more could he blend? For me, at least, he’s nailed several styles that I really love, so I’m cool with him doing other things... as long as C&D keep nailing his recipe, which I think they do.

All the best to Greg in whatever he's chosen to fill his time with.

But I think C&D have dropped the ball on his ribbon blends, the new thin cut makes his English blends bland in my opinion. To the point that I'll no longer be buying Westminster and Chelsea Morning.  I haven't yet seen a satisfactory response from them yet either, other than to just lump it, which did not impress me in the slightest.

Cheers and harrumph :)

Tim

Greg isn't the only one. Due to the FDA deeming regulations, we're prohibited from making new blends and bringing them to market since 8/8/16. Anything that wasn't available on, or prior to that date can't be sold unless submitted for testing (at a very high cost) and approval. Anything that's "new" that's coming out are probably blends that they sold a few tins of around 8/8/16, but they didn't put into production right away.

Russ

blendtobac":rccdoqlp said:
Greg isn't the only one. Due to the FDA deeming regulations, we're prohibited from making new blends and bringing them to market since 8/8/16. Anything that wasn't available on, or prior to that date can't be sold unless submitted for testing (at a very high cost) and approval. Anything that's "new" that's coming out are probably blends that they sold a few tins of around 8/8/16, but they didn't put into production right away.

Russ

Thanks Russ...sad but interesting. I guess the “glory days” of crazy good new blends coming out on a seemingly monthly basis at really good prices...are gone.