Glad I smoke a pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipemaker

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
My dog has been in quite a bit of pain recently so I took her into the vet today.
They found a piece of wire imbedded in her stomach lining and are doing surgery first thing in the morning.

It's going to be a long sleepless night and I sure glad I have my pipes to ease the wait.

Mike B.

Pipemaker,

Sorry to hear about your dog. I hope her surgery goes well. It's funny how a pet can become a part of a family, but they do. My wife and I have had many conversations about how much we would spend on our pets if the need arises. Funny how every year we up the amount we would spend on them.

Try to relax, although, that is easier said then done. I don't think I would be able to sleep ether.

SWS

Ouch! That's rough, I hope everything works out. There aren't many closer bonds than the one between a man and his best friend.

We can get very attacthed to dogs.I sure hope that yours will be ok.

Bro Mike.. That's sickening news.. I hate to hear it man... You hang in there, I know its gotta be rough.

Add my best wishes to everyone else's. I sure hope all works out well for you. I'll be awake all night too (on the night shift) so I'll have a bowl and keep you in my thoughts.

Hang in there Mike! It's definitely not easy seeing a pet go under the knife. My thoughts are with you and I trust will all go well!

Man, the things those dogs get into,,,,hope it's smooth sailing,,,

Here's hoping for a smooth operation and quick recovery for your pal! After going through several episodes the last several years I've come to the conclusion it's much easier on the dog than the owner. Dogs are pretty dern tough and can recover amazingly fast.

Jim
PS- Pipe smoking definitely helps!

This reminds me of the Indian proverb: "A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child."

Hope your dog is well! :!:

Mike,

I am really sorry to here that and I hope everything goes well! I will throw up some prayers.

Mike...... I'm sure your dog will pull through this. Modern veterinary science is just fantastic. We hope all will be well soon. Do keep us posted on progress! ;)

I'm more a cat guy but I hate to see , or hear of, any animal suffering as your dog is.

Hope all comes out OK. All the bst.

My thoughts are with. My dog is my buddy and I would be awake all night too.

Mike, I hope your pooch comes through the surgery OK. It's tough when a friend has to undergo something like this.

I hope everthing goes well....let us know how things work out