Gloredo pipes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natch

Geographer Ultimo
B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone out there in pipeland know about Gloredo brand of pipes? Made in China, I believe, and they look beautiful but don't know anyone that has smoked one. As I find myself in Shanghai for the next five weeks or so, I thought I might look into them. They have a distribution shop in the next district over from mine. Thanks in advance for any info.

By the by, pipe smoking seems almost unheard of over here. I've yet to see one anywhere, and pipe tobacco shops; well, there may actually be two or three (and they.re primarily up-scale Cuban cigar shops) in a city of 19+ million! Seven thousand years of cultural development and they still don't smoke well aged VaPers in a descent pipe!

But great food, pretty good beer at $1.50 a six pack, and where else can you get fried scorpion on a stick? Try doing that at your local county fair. :mrgreen:

Natch

Never heard of the pipes that you are asking about but you should be able to pick up one of those Chinese opium pipes that have become very collectible here in the states.

Enjoy your trip Jeff!

"you should be able to pick up one of those Chinese opium pipes that have become very collectible here in the states."

Dang, Duke, you need to hang out with a better crowd, or we'll all be chipping in for your bail! :mrgreen:

Natch

Gloredo pipes are sold by Leslie Ng who started the Gloredo brand. I saw a couple in Chicago and they looked pretty good.

Yes, Leslie just sent me an email and offered to meet me for coffee and a smoke when we can coordinate our schedules. He seems like a fine and friendly gentlemen. He indicated that they're changing some of their production and distribution techniques, and I got the impression that they might not be producing for a short while.

Pipers are truly a friendly and unique lot, no matter the continent they reside.

Natch

Duke man... I am just new here, but with all this talk of opium and stuff....are you sure you don't have some mushrooms in that walnut jar? Did you buy your stuff from an indian medicine man? When you smoke that walnut stuff...does it feel like you are having a spiritual experience where you can see the Great Spirit and stuff?
As long as you stay on the reservation youll be ok....I was going to try and order some of your walnut stuff...but you got me a bit scared now...they do Pee tests on us pharmacists....
(ha ha).....