GLP 2009 NASPC Blends (Gimli's and Treebeard) VALUES

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapnismologist

Reaction score
A few tins went up this week on eBay, going for an average of $34.28 (Treebeard) and $35.75 (Gimli's Stash). Anyone who was at the Columbus show know how much they were being sold for there (cash price)? Missed the show, of course, otherwise would not need to ask.

Any info. much appreciated.

LOL... Happens every year bro... I assure you the ebay price IS way higher than the show price. But they are pretty rare.

puros_bran":120jzk58 said:
LOL... Happens every year bro... I assure you the ebay price IS way higher than the show price. But they are pretty rare.
Yes, of course - just wondering what the set price was at the show. If I recall correctly, two years ago they were $10 even (but I could be wrong)?

Sounds about right....

Puts a whole new meaning to the gentle brotherhood of piping ehhh...

I used to buy them until the whole thing finally pissed me off. Same thing with the Dunhills, and all the others....
IMO Its one thing if you've had it in your stash and realize there's some dough to be had, its another thing altogether to profiteer off the bros... Course thats just one guys opinion.

Kapnismologist":3n386anm said:
A few tins went up this week on eBay, going for an average of $34.28 (Treebeard) and $35.75 (Gimli's Stash). Anyone who was at the Columbus show know how much they were being sold for there (cash price)? Missed the show, of course, otherwise would not need to ask.

Any info. much appreciated.
I think they were $10.75 this year. I'm surprised, though. Last year, tins went up on the weekend of the show, and ended up over $50. Pretty silly, really. True, there are only 200 of each, but still.

And, when I think about the pennies *I* get per tin, I'm clearly on the wrong side of the equation.

-glp

glpease":h3h6kzcn said:
And, when I think about the pennies *I* get per tin, I'm clearly on the wrong side of the equation.

-glp
Perhaps to add insult to injury, here are the current eBay (+ other such venues) values for some of the past issues for which I have record:

G.L. Pease Aragorn (2004) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $54.04
G.L. Pease Blend of the White Hand (2008) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $36.98
G.L. Pease Fellowship I (2007) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $35.46
G.L. Pease Fellowship II (2007) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $22.91
G.L. Pease Gimli's Stash (2009) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $35.75
G.L. Pease Isengard (2006) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $32.65
G.L. Pease Old Toby (1998) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $39.96
G.L. Pease Sholeb's Lair (2006) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $26.39
G.L. Pease Smaugweed (2003) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $55.08
G.L. Pease Southlinch (2002) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $71.10
G.L. Pease Southern Star (2000) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $72.39
G.L. Pease Southfarthing (2001) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $41.53
G.L. Pease Treebeard (2009) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $34.28
G.L. Pease Wizard's Leaf Black (2005) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $47.60
G.L. Pease Wizard's Leaf White (2005) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $35.92

Kapnismologist":2mc8rvvk said:
glpease":2mc8rvvk said:

-glp
Perhaps to add insult to injury, here are the current eBay (+ other such venues) values for some of the past issues for which I have record:

G.L. Pease Aragorn (2004) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $54.04
G.L. Pease Blend of the White Hand (2008) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $36.98
G.L. Pease Fellowship I (2007) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $35.46
G.L. Pease Fellowship II (2007) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $22.91
G.L. Pease Gimli's Stash (2009) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $35.75
G.L. Pease Isengard (2006) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $32.65
G.L. Pease Old Toby (1998) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $39.96
G.L. Pease Sholeb's Lair (2006) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $26.39
G.L. Pease Smaugweed (2003) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $55.08
G.L. Pease Southlinch (2002) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $71.10
G.L. Pease Southern Star (2000) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $72.39
G.L. Pease Southfarthing (2001) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $41.53
G.L. Pease Treebeard (2009) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $34.28
G.L. Pease Wizard's Leaf Black (2005) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $47.60
G.L. Pease Wizard's Leaf White (2005) 2oz. tin Cornell & Diehl $35.92
Ah, well. At least Old Toby wasn't mine, so I don't have to cry over that one. ;)

I wonder if I could get the sellers to cut me in for a percentage of the profits. Probably not.

-glp

puros_bran":p1wq5jeb said:
I used to buy them until the whole thing finally pissed me off. Same thing with the Dunhills, and all the others.... IMO Its one thing if you've had it in your stash and realize there's some dough to be had, its another thing altogether to profiteer off the bros... Course thats just one guys opinion.
Makes sense, and I agree to a point. The point at which it changes, however, is at the level of 'collecting'.

For those who consider themselves 'collectors' or in the process of 'collecting' (rather than securing tins to 'smoke' as such), the whole thing is very much a game familiar to baseball cards, comic books, trivets, or what have you - in this sense, it is a very different matter than 'profiteering' as such (although it certainly can be). I, for example, very much enjoy collecting and keeping track of values (and sometimes selling desirable tins to others - and I often do not know if they are buying them to smoke them or just put them on the shelf) for the purpose of having enough liquid capital to purchase other, or better, tins to add to my collection. The whole idea of anything 'limited edition' is a major thing to collectors of all types, in my experience at least.

While it does happen, oftentimes what I would consider to be a 'collectible' tin is not one which would be on my 'to smoke list'. They are two separate things, usually.

I know that many in the hobby consider tin collecting a bit odd (because tobacco is, in the final analysis, a consumable unlike pipes for example), but to each his own I guess.

I would say if someone is willing to spend the money, then so be it.

glpease":7amls0bb said:
Ah, well. At least Old Toby wasn't mine, so I don't have to cry over that one. ;)
-glp
Whoops, corrected in the spreadsheet - mea culpa.

I paid $13 for each tin this year at the show.

There were vendors there selling previous show's tins in the $40 range at the show.

TC