GLP Cumberland 2002

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tennessee Dave

Reaction score
To whomever placed this in the current BoB boxpass let me just say THANKS. Wow! This one has been on my TAD list but this was my first experience with it. The gush of air escaping from the tin upon opening was simple incredible. The best way I can describe the aroma is to tell you to imagine a steaming cup of hot chocolate laced with a generous portion of ruby port. The moisture content was just right for packing the old 1909 Peterson Patent Era 9s. A single light and smoking nirvana followed. I don't think that I have ever been more impressed by a tobacco upon first tasting as I have been with this one. The flavor is full and creamy with just a little tinge of perique at the end. Slowly sipped I just can't imagine how pipe smoking can get much better than this.

Yeah, I recently popped open an April, 2002 tin of Cumberland myself. It was my first experience with the blend and I too am impressed. This is definitely a "sipper" though as it tends to burn rather hot and fast if not caressed.

Enjoy.

Sweet guys.....
Have been smoking some 2005 Cumberland that Justpipes shipped out to me! It is really fantastic stuff, I can just imagine how 2002 must go down...... enjoy!

If you have the will power and discipline, age it! There is no comparison between new production and aged Cumberland. They are like two totally different tobaccos. They don't even look the same to me.

This one has been on my radar... next TAD attack I will have to get a tin. Thanks for posting, Tenn Dave!