GLPease Meridian

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoker13

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I just got some new tins of tobacco in the mail, one of which was a tin of GLP Meridian from 10/29/19. I had another unopened tin of this in my cellar from 01/14/19, and so I decided to put them both in a glass BALL jar.

I have never smoked this blend before, and have been looking forward to it.

Anyway, I opened the newer tin first and was struck by how dry the tobacco was. I mean, it was very, very dry. Nothing at all seemed amiss with the tin itself, so I assumed that this was just a dry tobacco.

However, when I opened the one from over a year ago I was surprised to see (and feel) that it was nice and moist, all the way through. It seemed like what a fresh tin of tobacco usually feels like.

So, what gives? Has anybody experienced anything like this, with Meridian or any other tobacco? Those who smoke Meridian, are you accustomed to a new tin being dry or moist (not the best word to use, but I think you get the picture)?

Sounds as though the tin was compromised given how you describe the older one. I'd contact the seller and ask for a replacement. Most of the better dealers will send you one without even asking for the dry one to be returned.

Cheers,

RR

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think C&D blends and tins GLP. I believe...if memory serves...that C&D had some trouble with their tins. Or, like in all things mass produced, you just got a bad one.

I agree, likely a compromised seal on that tin. Having had experience with Meridian, typically it's lightly moist from the tin. Since Meridian is a ready-rub or technically a sliced and tumbled cake, the moisture content should be on par with a typical C&D cake/flake.

Yo smo

If you have a scale (accurate to a tenth of a gram ideally), try weighing the 2 tins. That type of aluminum tin with the pull top rarely gets compromised. Personally, I like my tobacco pretty dry, almost crispy. I get better flavors, easier lighting and burn and less chance of mold. If the drier tin came that way, perhaps due to a production change at C&D/GLP, you get more tobacco per oz.

hp
les