Going Back Home

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDPipes

Mental Illness is a Terrible thing to Waste!
Reaction score
Yes, at least that's my plan, to go back home, at least back to the state I've called home for a very long time, Texas.
Sav'en my pennies now and by next March if not a little before I'm going to move out of Utah and try and get my own place again.
I know a lot of you haven't heard from me in awhile now and may not hear from me again till I'm settled in well again and got my shop up and running once more.
So I reckon this is just a note to all that have been wondering if at all as to where I've gone.
Moved in with my daughter in February and things haven't gone as planned so it's time to be back on my own where I'm more at ease and comfortable (the Hermit in me).
If all goes as planned, Lord willing and the water don't rise, I'll find a nice cozy home and a place for my shop and maybe even a new lathe so I can begin work once more on pipes.
A lot of work ahead of me so I can use all the prayers I can carry. Hope you all are doing well in body and spirit and your smokes are sweet.
So until we meet again, thank you all for just being there.

Best wishes on the move Ron, hope it goes smoothly for you and you find ideal accomodation.

Good luck

Tim

Great to hear from you Ron, and while not so great that things didn't work out as you'd hoped in UT it sounds as if you'll be a lot happier back in TX. And to hear you're planning to start up your shop again, and possibly even buy a new lathe is wonderful news indeed. With your talent in the pipemaking world it's a dang shame to have you not carving. We'll all look forward to future RDP offerings - I know I certainly will.

Best wishes on the move, and don't hesitate to keep us apprised of your progress. Godspeed my brother!

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

Sometimes the grass is just fine at home........

Well, you got a taste of the other side, time to go home.... Best wishes on the move! Keep in touch!

RON! Absolutely great to hear from you. Sorry your plans didn’t work out in Utah...but surely wish you the best of luck with all aspects of your “goin’ South” idea. Thanks so much for letting us know. Prayer request noted.

Sorry Utah didn't follow the script, but you know...Ol' Tom Wolfe was full of it - you can absolutely go home again.

First, really good to hear from you!! Second, best wishes on the move back to Baja Oklahoma :p :p :p Any idea as to where you plan to settle down?? Stay in touch! :cheers: FTRPLT

Thank you all for your best wishes and prayers.
I don't know exactly where I'll be ending up within the Great state of Texas but,I'd like to keep
it near where I called home for so long. Thank you all again.

So good to hear from you Ron, and really glad you checked in. I've been missing your posts.

Good luck with your next chapter mate. Warm thoughts coming your way.

Ron, sorry to hear things didn't pan out in Utah for you. Onward and upward sir. Be careful where you look to go back in Texas. My mom and brother are between Austin and San Antonio and there are so many people moving into the area that getting anywhere is now a day long ordeal. Hopefully you get it squared away quickly.

Jim

There's no place like Texas and eventually her sons do come home!! As they say, "... there's no place like Texas !" :twisted:

Your work and your personality is much missed. Happy to pray for your safe and speedy return to where you want to be.

Walt

Thank you all again, just a shame the move won't be soon enough......for me anyways.
All your prays and good wishes are appreciated more then you know sirs. ;)

Great to hear from you again Ron you old rascal :)
I too have been a bit absent recently for family reasons but was pleased to see this update and know that you're still going strong.
Best of luck and my best wishes for the future.
Adam

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7_eBXP6vWpI" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Well, as of October I arrived back in Texas. Sorry for not keeping in touch but, things have been a bit daunting.
As things are finally settling down I've become a little more comfortable with my surroundings here in Fruitvale,TX.
It's a very small town of only about 500, me being the 500th. Not much to see but, a post office, laundry, school and a gas station. A few vacant buildings from it's early days still remain down the road from me, in fact all that I have mentioned are down the road from me, the rest is farms and ranches. I have a 2 bedroom w/garage home in a surrounding forest of oak and pines with only one real neighbor across the road. Still trying to feel at home is the biggest obstacle I'm dealing with.
As soon as the weather permits I'll be getting a shop put on the back property and get it ready for me and my tooling which will probably take till June to complete or with luck and the help of the Lord sooner. Just living day by day and making decisions accordingly. I underestimated how much finances it would take to reestablish myself here so I continue to sell off my pipe collection, or at least what is left of it to help me on my way to making pipes once more. Hope you all are doing well and will continue so. ;)

Great to hear from you!!!! So glad things are settling down at bit in your life! Keep us informed as to your "headway!" It'll all come together in good time!! Best regards, :cheers: FTRPLT