Going out with a laugh

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roogles

Reaction score
A very close friend of mine lost his mother on Monday.

I will be making the trip to Cincinnati this weekend to attend her funeral.

Although I never met her, I couldn't help but grin like an idiot at her obituary...

It begins...
Barbara B. Lewin was shot to death by a jealous wife. Not really, but this is how she wanted the recounting of her life to start.
The entirety can be found here - Barbara Lewin Obituary

It explains a lot about where his personality came from... :D

I hope that I have the good sense to impart some humour when my time comes as well.

What a marvellously spirited woman, sorry for your loss, journey well and in safety.

I can only imagine what the clowns around here will want in their epitaphs and inscribed on headstones.

Humor is awesome, especially when it's related to something typically unhumorous. :) Shakes things up and keeps it real.

8)

Sounds like she had a great personality and really enjoyed life. Didn't take life too seriously. I wish I could get my personality more in line with hers!

I grew up in an Irish catholic house. Death was a celebration of life, and a life without humor wasn't life. Condolences to the family and the jealous wives.