Gone the way of the Dodo?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had heard that on a XM music talk show on Monday. I say that I love the CD format, but looking back, I only bought two CDs in 2017 (one was a Christmas gift, Rush' Farewell to Kings reissue).... The ones that I have, I convert to digital and never play the CD again.

CD's are the best quality audio format, but it seems that folks care little for that any more. I have a good system in my car and at home, I can tell the difference, but it's not enough for me to give up the digital convenience.

CD's are my go-to for music. Much better freq response and better audio quality. I normally listen on my home stereo which I last upgraded in the 80's. Good components that still deliver top-quality sound.

Don't have any digital downloaded stuff.

CD's may not be what's selling these days, but as Al pointed out it seems many folks don't care as much about the quality of the recordings these days. I find that a pity as I came up during the era where home stereo systems were king and sound quality really mattered.

Cheers,

RR

Maybe they will restock with LPs. What's old is new. :eek:

Fazby":ptn4sm49 said:
Maybe they will restock with LPs.  What's old is new. :eek:
Yes, and oddly 8 Tracks and Cassettes are having a revival as well. There's not much worse audio quality than either of those two!