Good bourbon or rye from COSTCO for not too much money?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

DWSmith

Reaction score
Saw Jameson, which I really like, this afternoon and some Kirkland stuff. Also Bulleit and maybe some others where I recognize the names but haven't tasted them.

I wish they had some Wild Turkey bourbon and rye choices but nothing at my location.

What do you guys recommend from COSTCO?

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
One of their Scotch brands is bottled by the folks who do McCallen. It’s got a very good reputation. I’ve never tried it cause they can’t sell hard stuff in my state. They’re supposed to have a very high end Vodka as well…related to Grey Goose or some such. You could likely get good details by doing a well directed Google search.

DWSmith

Reaction score
Yep, looking at reviews on youtube.

I should have bought something yesterday. I thought I had more Jameson left but there was less than a shot left in the bottle last night.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
My favorites are Bulleit Bourbon and Rye. Not that I do not find fancier stuff very likable. For the price it is hard to beat Bulleit.

Irish, hard to beat John Powers Gold Label. Bushmills White label is right up there.

DWSmith

Reaction score
I think they carry Bulleit Rye. I saw a good review or two on that. Also Bulleit Bourbon is well reviewed.

The Kirkland Single Barrel bourbon and Bottled-In-Bond bourbon both look good in reviews.

Back to COSTCO.

ftrplt

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Bulleit 95 Rye is my "got-to-have" for Old Fashions, Manhattans, or just whiskey and soda. George Dickel is another good one & well-priced. FTRPLT

tslots

Reaction score
For value bourbon (sipping or mixing) I like Evan Williams BIB or Wild Turkey 101. Around $15 per 750ml. No need for Costco at that price.

DWSmith

Reaction score
Went up to COSTCO Friday after work. They had nothing for me so I went to a grocery store that has a very good assortment of everything and fairly decent prices. Got Bulleit 95 rye and Wild Turkey 101 bourbon. I'm set.

COSTCO didn't even have their Kirkland Small Batch, Bottled In Bond, nor Single Barrel bourbons.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
I most always use Rye for a tasty cocktail and unless I’m mixing with a top shelf brand (Yes, it actually does make a very noticeable difference) I’ve come to depend upon Rittenhouse Rye. It’s a nice 100 proof $27 pick. Just as a comparison, Wild Turkey 101 is $25 via the State Stores…the only outlets for hard liquor in Oregon.

Ol'Dawg

Reaction score
George Dickel Rye is another very good rye. Not a lot of people knew about it but has a nice price from $20 to $25. Costco is about 60 miles away and haven't shopping (no liquor stores in this town either)

pistolero

Reaction score
I don't know anything about Wild Turkey. But if you like bourbon, and rye, and value, have you ever had Old Grand Dad? A great combo of all 3, and a great whiskey. Certainly worth a try. Punches WAY above it's price. I love the plain Jane 80 proof or Bond 100. They have a 114 variety, but I haven't had the pleasure.