Good Bulk Oriental???

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SailorJack

Reaction score
Was wondering if anybody knows of any inexpensive bulk Oriental mixtures where the Orientals take center stage with the Latakia only playing in the backround or not present at all. I love the incense-like aroma of those macedonian type tobaccos. My favorite is CAO's Midnight Ride but it is only an occasional treat at $10/tin. Looking for something that goes for about $30/lb.

Any Suggestions???

SJ...Go to the Pipesand Cigars website; check out their Home and Hearth bulk blends. Russ gives you a "Mix Your Own Blend (MYOB)" option. Mix the Turkish and Va in whatever proportion you wish!! AND it's $29.99/lb!!!!!!!! :cheers: :santa: FTRPLT

Have you tried Peter Stokkebye Balkan Supreme? It's one of my top five tobaccos and the last time I ordered some I believe it was about $22/lb.

Smokey

You might try McClelland #2050 Oriental Cavendish

"This is an unusual mixture, because it contains no Latakia, yet still has the round, rich flavor one would expect from this style of tobacco. Liberal quantities of Orientals and a special Virginia Cavendish made with Eastern Belt Carolina leaf combine with Black Cavendish to make this a tobacco that will satisfy a great variety of tastes."

$38.59/lb

Both description and price from smokingpipes.com.

If you haven't tried them, the MC bulks are a great value.