Good bye to an old friend

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D.L.Ruth

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday we had to say good bye to our great dog Rocko. My wife rescued him,  while I was on my first deployment 14 years ago, so she wasn't alone in the house. We don't know exactly how old he was when she got him but they said around 3 or 4 so he made it to about 17 or 18 years old. He became i huge part of our lives and has lived in 6 states with us and traveled cross country with us multiple times. Everyone who met him fell in love with him, there were even times that we would have trouble picking him up from the groomer because they just didn't want to give him back.

Sorry to learn of your loss Mr Ruth. Sounds like Rocko had a good tour too.

Warmest thoughts,

No cheers.

I have two dogs. Both, bring joy and their own special peace into our lives. One, the rescued Pitty is the sweetest dog, and wouldn't bite you if you set her on fire. Abused terribly in her early life, she is grateful for any love given to her. Both are affectionate, and members of the family. Both will be missed.

I dread that day.

Condolences for the loss that cannot be replaced. But, you'll meet again.

For a dog to have such a long life, he must have been very happy and treated well.

Dogs are the best people I know. We have had 4 rescues and they were a blessing to both me and my wife. We just rescued a 12 year old Yorkie whom no one seemed to want because of her age. Being old ourselves, we understand and decided to adopt her...she is a total delight, sleeps in the bed and eats what we eat (unless it is something that we know she shouldn't have). Dogs give an unconditional love that you will never find in humans.

I'm truly sorry for your loss. I offer my sincere condolences to your family. I lost my best friend "Drake" two years ago. Drake and I were the best friends for 17 years. I still mourn his passing.
It's truly amazing the love we can give and receive from our feline and canine companions.

Sorry for your loss, mate. Looks like Rocko had a great life with you guys.

Late getting to this, sorry. My 18 yr. old 'best friend' appears to be on his last legs. Another agonizing trip to the vet I fear in the near future. Who knew you could love a damn cat that much! Condolences.

Attachments

• Peanut happy cat.jpg
    Peanut happy cat.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 102