Good Cheap Cigars

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Like most people, I keep a few high quality cigars in my humidor, but for the day to day smoke, I have found it hard to beat a "Cuban Reject" Robusto for hand rolled Nicaraguan goodness at an affordable price. At just 1.08 per stick at the neighborhood smoke shop, I go through these like they were candy. I highly recommend them.

My hands down favorite cheap cigar so far is Indian Tabac's Super Fuerte Maduros, preferably in a torpedo. You can pick them up on cigarbid.com usually for under two bucks a stick if you buy by the box. I've smoked ten of these so far and they have been extremely flavorful and smooth. Very chocolaty with a good construction.

LOL...

J I told ya so... On both counts :).

Another 'cheap' cigars worth lookin at.

Conesuega (sp?) 'Connies' from JR cigar. They are General Cigar seconds.

cigarbid is evil! It's only been what, like a month since I started smoking cigars and I've had 5 shipments from them already with one pending (I had to switch to weekly shipments).

Since we switched banks I haven't spent a dime there. The debit card number changed and I never updated it.

I think I spent in the neighborhood of 1500 bucks the first 2 months I was registered. (05). Bad thing is I was always easy to beat as I never bid over 50% of retail..the bedroom looked like a logging camp with all those sticks laying around.

LOL!

Jason, trust me on this one....switch to weekly shpments! It will save you tons of $...

Just remember that you have a whole week to bid on things you really wnat. The bidding week always ends on Wednesday night and begins Thursday morining!

As for cheap smokes. Try the "Super premium seconds" on CI or CBid. Tatses just like a Hoyo de Monterey. Made by the Vallazon factory! Very nice smoke usually at $1 a stick!

Lucky

LOL!!

Ah...but PB, isn't it the best feeling just seeing all those sticks waiting to be sorted, stowed and delicately stroked.

In the end, all we need is..."just-one-more-box..." Indian's are on my top 5 of price/quality ratio, and STILL would be even if they cost 2x as much. Congrats on your success story Jason.

jhuggett":1o30go7r said:
cigarbid is evil! It's only been what, like a month since I started smoking cigars and I've had 5 shipments from them already with one pending (I had to switch to weekly shipments).
I am right there with you! I think I created my account somewhere in January, and have had 3 shipments so far. I've been mostly bottom feeding so far, but still that can get expensive. No pending though, I had to stop purchasing until I have paid for my commission from Stephen.

puros_bran":17pnab03 said:
LOL...

J I told ya so... On both counts :).

Another 'cheap' cigars worth lookin at.

Conesuega (sp?) 'Connies' from JR cigar. They are General Cigar seconds.
I second the connies as a great cigar...smoked a couple dozen over the past 4 or 5 years and only had 2 or 3 bad sticks, and for just over $20 a bundle from JR, not bad at all...my pastor and I each smoked one today, now he wants a bundle!

I am not sure if this is considered cheap or mid-range in price but I have found Rocky Patel's "The Edge" to be a very good, consistent quality cigar for the money. Here in the Phoenix area you can get them for around $5 a stick.

mdmiller5":yw090tbk said:
I am not sure if this is considered cheap or mid-range in price but I have found Rocky Patel's "The Edge" to be a very good, consistent quality cigar for the money. Here in the Phoenix area you can get them for around $5 a stick.
The edge is quite tasty too! I also enjoy Sancho Panza double maduros, which are, here in Cali, about 3 or 4 bucks a stick

if you have a taste for the "cuban" leaf, then i suggest Quintero Londres Extras, Fonseca KDT Kadettes, Fonseca Delicias... or any other Quintero or Jose L. Piedra.
they're mostly machine mades that should run your 50-75 a box, depending on where you get them.

another cigar that i use to like from C-bid was "5 Vegas" (cinco vegas). the standard red label, you could get a box for $25-35 for a big torpedo or churchill size back when i smoked 'em... now they have all sorts of different blends and gold bands and stuff.

Sancho Panza Double maduros are fantastic for the price. Always a cheap go to for me.

Ooodababy!!

Perdomo's Fresh Rolled Wheels of 50 on Cigar International. But then I am a Perdomo fan. These are just more of what I like about them. A bit of spice. Plenty of flavor with some sweetness. Quite earthy. Like eating meat. Lot's of beef. You just cannot help but grin the whole time. :D :D :D

How this came about. Yeah, another story. I got the latest CI catalog. Saw another cigar jar I just had to have. So I ordered that special. Flipped though the pages and saw these Perdomo fresh rolled wheels. Said to myself that I had been meaning to try those for a long time. Placed my order. For toro's.

So that evening I am down in the cellar enjoying a pipe and thought, you know, I need to check for room in my coolerdore. In among all the boxes I find a bundle of 50 robusto sized Perdomo fresh rolled wheel stogies I forgot I bought.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Needing to make some room I am distributing them in my desktop humidors. And smoking some up.

:D

Punch's "London Club" are a great cheap cigar. I don't smoke cigars often, but when I do, it's usually one of these. Around here they're about $2.25 a stick. And you're absolutely right about the Cuban Rejects, when I can find them in a store I typically go with them.

Carlos":f71n711a said:
Needing to make some room I am distributing them in my desktop humidors. And smoking some up.
:D
Ill help !
Ill send you my address and you can send me some of those pesky extra stogies ya got cluttering up your humidors :lol:

I think "cheap" needs to be defined here, as the term is quite relative.
I'll say cheap = $1.00 a stick, or so.
At that price the Consuegras are very good and some of the JR Alternatives are decent, as well.
I dont shop much at JR anymore cause of their shipping but I have been buying at Famous lately.
Can anyone recommend some of Famous house brands and sizes ?

If anybody's lookin' to trade for tins, I have a bunch of six year old Connie 733s and some 9Ms.
(and much more in a bunch of coolers)

I agree heartily with jhuggett as to the Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduros.
Very nice medium bodied smoke with great flavor and aroma. If you want to go even cheaper I would recommend La Finca from Nicaragua but do not and I repeat do not smoke them right off the truck. Put them in your humi and forget about them for at least a month or more and you will be rewarded with a nice smoke with that earthy sweetness you get from tobacco from Esteli, Nicaragua.

The best cheap smokes that I like and I have several bundles of come from a small cigar maker in NJ. When you look at the web site you'll think that it's a joke but it really isn't. If you scroll to the bottom on the page and click on the store link then you'll see what they have and the prices. The blend #7's are my favorites. Good every day smokes that I don't feel guilty about tossing one if I run out of time. If you do see something you like then call Barb at the number I posted.

the blend #7 Robust are a bundle of 25 cigars for 12.50. That's .50 cents a piece. Order a bundle for the heck of it and try them out.

http://www.thecigarfo.com/

735-634-6019