Good cologne to wear with pipe smoke?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cartaphilus":mwhwdtoa said:
I just fart ever so often to keep the room note natural.
I'm guessing it's a natural, earthy scent... :lol!: not found in bottle, your local shop, or online.

Just about any Pinaud's Clubman scents work well but I really like their Bay Rum :twisted: :twisted:

After years of blowing big bucks on fancy colognes I was buying supplies at the local Walgreens and picked up a bottle of Old Spice. Took me back to a zillion Christmases proudly placing a gift set under the tree for my dad. I wonder if he even liked it? Their recent TV commercials are pretty lame; I always liked the old ones. Anyway, been using it for a while now and enjoying the extra disposable income.

SOAP: Razo-Rock "Tuscan Oud"

or

"Casablanca,"a blend of Cavendish, Arabian Rose, Smoke, Saffron and a Touch of Honey.

High-end: Tom Ford's "Oud"

Or Casabalnca "splash and balm"

Sadly, my favorite cologne was "discontinued", Donna Karan Fuel for Men (Not the "unleaded" variant. The original in the black bottle) This cologne was /is my all time favorite. Sadly, it is once again off of the market and hard to find. If you find it, expect to get gouged on the price!  :evil: This one drove the ladies CRAZY!!! I always had women asking me what I was wearing. Once I got married, I guess wearing it wasn't such a great idea!  

:lol!:

"The fragrance contains notes of juniper, pineapple, lavender, mayflower, amber, almond, sandalwood, suede, tobacco and musk."

Top Notes: Citrus, Juniper, Pineapple
Heart Notes: Mayflower, Amber, Almond, Suede, Tobacco
Base notes: Sandalwood, Lavender, Musk.

My close second favorite was / is: Havana by Aramis. This one IS WIDELY AVAILABLE and I grab it off of E-Bay for around $18 for 3.4oz. bottle.
The list of "notes" sounds a little "busy", but it works for me. This is a very masculine scent that, IMHO, screams TOBACCO!!!!

Top Notes: Coriander Seed, Anise, Birch Tar, Juniper Berry, Tangerine, Grapefruit, Orange
Heart Notes: Bay Rum, Cumin, Jamaican Pimento Berry, Pepper, Jasmine, Hyacinth.
Base notes: Exotic Woods, Tobacco, Patchouli, Cedarwood, Myrhh, Labdanum, Oilbanum, Tonka bean, Vanilla

ArleighBerg":vu32n2f2 said:
I did a search and found only 2 threads concerning cologne.  My question is a little more specific:  I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations on a cologne that mixes well with the pipe smoke aroma we all collect.  Of course cologne is a personal preference but it might be nice to start with others' opinions to help narrow the search.
There is only one. Old Spice.

I suggest Green Vetiver by Fine. It's an after shave that lingers for a good time. It has a decent menthol refresh.