Goodbye Edgar Froese

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alandadp

Reaction score
Edgar Froese, the founder, and only constant member, of Tangerine Dream died today.
I do not know how popular German electronic music in general, and Tangerine Dream in particular, was/is in the USA but it is something that has been in my record collection since I was a boy.
Edgar was there at the very beginning and can be held responsible for much of the electronica that came later (both good and bad).
He was also responsible for the Tangerine Tree, a network of fans that were allowed to record live concerts direct from the groups sound desk and distribute them on a no profit basis (I believe the Grateful Dead had a similar arrangement called the Dead Tree). That is how I, as a penniless teenager, was able to enjoy 'the Tangs' at their best.
Many thanks Edgar.
Froese himself said ‘There is no death, there is just a change of our cosmic address.’
Enjoy the journey Edgar and thanks.

...I too was a fan of TD...quite a diverse and dynamic group and as stated, Edgar was always there. On the cutting edge with utilizing the Moog synth in the very early days....and was a master at understanding "sequencing" and signal processing...

Will be greatly missed in a number of music communities...

briarfire":pf7plzuc said:
Sad news, indeed. I just put on "Mysterious Semblance At The Strand Of Nightmares".
How fitting 'cause that was really an pure Edgar solo - originally composed and played by him on his own.