Goofy Weather

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffy

Reaction score
Let me start this by saying that my wife doesn't mind if I smoke in the house as long as it's not that stinky stuff ( Latakia) That I smoke on the front porch.Not now though.All of a sudden it's darn cold here in North Carolina USA .This year summer was hot.We had more days than normal of 90 degrees or more.The quick change is really hard to adjust to.So I put the Latakia back on the closet shelf for a few months until next spring.It's really no big deal.Except except when you're 68 years old you know that you have more years behind you than ahead so you really don't like any lost smoking time.So I won't quit smoking completely I'll just switch to aromatics.Not as much taste as a good Latakia blend.They will have to do though for a while until this darn cold weather goes back up north where it belongs.

The weather here in Pa is too cold for smoking..evan in the garage. I havent had any luck getting the smokeing ban in the house lifted either. :(
I am thinking about going to the B&M at least i can smoke in comfort there.

I'm in NC too, and I'll start sitting in the truck in the driveway with the heater on at night for 30 minutes or so....that's too long to stand on the back deck in 30 degree weather. :no:

Makes me glad it's just me and the kiddo here, and she happens to like the aroma of english blands.

flytyer":8ins67ke said:
The weather here in Pa is too cold for smoking..evan in the garage. I havent had any luck getting the smokeing ban in the house lifted either. :(
I am thinking about going to the B&M at least i can smoke in comfort there.
I hate PA winters, at least in my corner of it. I know it's not as cold as some places but it's not the cold that bothers me. If I'm gonna be cold, I at least want a georgeous desolate landscape or some mountains or something to go with it. I'd take -30 in Alaska or Montana or South Dakota or the like over 30 to 40 in philly any day. Sure we get snow, but it's not all that often and it is rarely worth all the hype when we do.

Stupid state.

There's alot to do in the northeast corner of Pa...the views arent so bad either but winter in Pa just seems long and drawn out no matter what corner your in.
I think its time to get some kind of heat in the garage/smokng room and think about spring

Yeah, I suppose you are right. Thinking back on a statewide road trip i took a while ago, there are several places in PA with alot more to offer than my particular area. I just haven't seen most of them in the winter.

Hey NC Guy, its supposed to be close to 60 on Sat and Sun; just hold out til then