Google Checkout?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rad Davis

Reaction score
Is anyone here familiar with Google Checkout? I'm getting ready to do some changes on my web site, and it's an option I'm looking at.

They charge less per transaction (to the seller) than Paypal, and it seems like using credit cards with them is pretty easy. I'm only able to take Paypal online right now, and it would be nice to be able to accept credit cards for sales.

Another plus is there's not that, "You've violated our terms of service by selling tobacco related items, so we're closing your account. We'll think about sending you your money in 6 months.", looming in the background all the time.

Anyone have any positive or negative experiences with Google Checkout?

Rad

On the end user side of it I think it is quite a bit easier than PayPal. Account set up and editing is easy and straightforward as with most Google products.

Never used it on the retailer side of things though.

Yup just bought a memory card for my kid's camera yesterday.

I made one purchase with it. Don't remember what. Didn't have to set up an account and I was able to pay. Well, pretty sure that is right. I have been very busy purchasing.

I used it once when I bought my wife a digital camera. All that I remember about it was it was easy to use.

No drama.