Got my toes in the water, pipe in my hand....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growley

Reaction score
Hey all,

I wanted to share my latest pipe experience. Well, this week I celebrated my 15th wedding anniversary with my wife. I surprised her by taking her to a resort type hotel on the Pensacola beach. I took a pipe just in case :D .

This morning, was our last day out, and I decided to stroll the white sands beach while she was getting ready. It was probably 9:30 am and already 70 degrees, slightly overcast with beautiful white waves coming in off of the blue and green crystal clear water. No better time for some Dunhill Nightcap.

What a great smoke it was too. Not too windy, hardly a sole on the beach, and she smoked cool and tasty, with very few relights.

...Good times... Our weekend away was nice too.

PS. Since I grew up in the North, I tend to still like to go in the water even when most others would say it's too cold. I couldn't resist on this occasion either. I got in slowly to let my body get comfortably numb. Well, on a side note, I'm pretty nervous of sharks. You know, the ocean is their territory, not ours. I can never really have complete fun when I'm in water where I've seen sharks. This time, I had been in quite a while already and was beginning to feel that maybe this time would be another shark free swim. As I started to come in something bumped me hard on my calf! While my mind knew it most likely wasn't a shark, I still kind of freaked out. It bumped me again as I was trying to "run" through the waves to get back in to shore.

Looking back, I don't think it could have been a shark, but whatever it was, was heavy and at least as big as a basketball, by how it felt when it hit me.

The pipe experience sounds awesome, the "possible" shark experience, not so awesome! :shock:

Glad you're ok!

Glad you enjoyed yourself and made it back in one piece. I think whatever bumped you just wanted a puff on your pipe though. :D

You were in Florida, right? Those are the famous Pipe Sharks. They are former Edward's smokers from Tampa who were buried at sea and can smell pipe tobacco even when submerged! :twisted: :twisted:

There's no way it could have actually been a shark, there wasn't any music playing. "du-Dump..duh-Dump"...

But you know how it is, when you're already nervous about something to begin with, and then something like that happens. I was just glad there wasn't a huge crowd of people to watch me trying to run out of the waves, while looking behind me the whole time.

I like to see sharks, but not when I'm a hundred
feet underwater with a bleeding fish on a stringer. :evil:

Glad you enjoyed your trip Brian! I love the Gulf Breeze area of Pensacola. Very few tourists most of the time, especially this time of the year. :santa:

Congrats on your 15th and your discovery of underwater people bowling!

gravel":wydy213g said:
Congrats on your 15th and your discovery of underwater people bowling!
Thanks!

It kind of felt like a bowling ball bumping me actually... :suspect:

I don't think you know, given your narrative, but carvers are generally immune from shark attack; I say generally, as has been pointed out "former Edward's smokers from Tampa who were buried at sea and can smell pipe tobacco even when submerged" do still prowl the Atlantic.