Got out to get some excercse this AM

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

monbla256

Reaction score
Doc and my PT told me I need to get out a bit every other day for some exercise so I goy out my old trusty Raliegh Tourister roadster bicycle and did a short 5 mike ride. It's a nice long easy riding comfortable bike and I bought it back in the late 70s and used it for many years as my comuting bike for a 10 mile one way daily commute to work.
Hears a pic of it for those not familiar with a "roadster" style of bike.

oldmansmokingpipe

Reaction score
I had a black one just like that and i rode thousands of miles on that thing. then I got a newer model - both were great bikes. Glad you are moving forward.

MisterE

Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
That's great! I'm delighted your embracing the new lifestyle, too. My brother in law had a liver transplant a couple of months ag and is doing the same. Biking, hiking, better diet, etc. Just go slow and work up to the longer rides.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Ease into it. They kept me around the house on light duty for a month. Then they were kicking me in the backside to get to rehabilitation therapy for 12 weeks.

ftrplt

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
5 miles!!! Good for you!! :cheers: FTRPLT

AJ

Reaction score
:cheers:  :cheers: HURRAY! :cheers: :cheers: I think this is a good indication that Michael is definitely on the road to recovery. Atta Boy Michael! Stick with it! :)

AJ

KevinM

Reaction score
Attaboy! And that is one cool bike. Is that a bell I spy bolted on the handlebars?

monbla256

Reaction score
Sure is !! And it has a nice ding-ding to it which can be heard quite well !! Gets folks attention without pissing them off !! :twisted: :twisted: That upright laid back , long frame provides a nice smooth, comfortable ride !! And the sprung, leather saddle adds to the comfort.  Not something to sprint across the finish line but for city riding a much more practical bike! To bad Raliegh does not make it anymore. :twisted: :twisted:  Any of you guys ride bikes and if so let's see some pics of 'em! Her's another pic I took before I got the bell and luggage rack !!

Brewdude

Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Great to see you're getting some exercise Michael. And that you seem to be recovering from your invasive procedure. May you continue to improve as your health allows.

:)

Cheers,

RR

Hiram-2011

Reaction score
Glad to see you getting out and about Michael. Great exercise for you too!

Stick

Reaction score
Great to see you back in the saddle Michael, ahem.

Cracking bike mate. Long story but I acquired a very similar model last year; a Raleigh Superb. It looks almost identical to yours, though without the Brooks saddle. A nice easy ride to the shops but wouldn't want to go too far on it. 5 miles sounds fair though. If you keep your beret on and drape a load of onions over the bars you'll certainly look the part! Mais oui!

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
Stick":3vupjim1 said:
Great to see you back in the saddle Michael, ahem.

Cracking bike mate.  Long story but I acquired a very similar model last year; a Raleigh Superb.  It looks almost identical to yours, though without the Brooks saddle.  A nice easy ride to the shops but wouldn't want to go too far on it.  5 miles sounds fair though.  If you keep your beret on and drape a load of onions over the bars you'll certainly look the part!  Mais oui!
I was thinking a satchel of bagettes, but onions work as well......

monbla256

Reaction score
I'd strap the baguettes to the luggage rack ! There's a bakery a coiple of mile from my house which is run by a man from Lyon who makes REAL baguettes with a crisp crust and nice tasty insides, not tasteless white flour things that have a rubber crust and are made and sold at all the market bakerys around here !! Might have to make his bakery a spot to go to Friday for my exercise ride!!  :twisted:  :twisted:

I went to that bakery this am for my ride and came home  with three baguettes strapped to the luggage rack , Felt very French for sure and will definately this winter when I wear my beret !! :twisted: :twisted:

monbla256

Reaction score
When I raced Bicycles back in '68-'70 my ride was an ATALA Record Professional 101 . Columbas DB tubing, Nervex lugs/ and all Campangolo Nuevo Record headset, bottom bracket, hubs, chain rings, deraileur. drop outs with a Cellini Record stem and bars and Universal brakes and a B17 Brooks saddle. It also had Mavic rims with Clement sew ups. I finally found a pic of one in the Yellow/Green color mine was (.Mine did not have the French iDEALE saddle as this one has, I also put Campy bar end shifters on mine. )) Was a fast. light and VERY responsive bike !! I think I paid around $350.00 1969 dollars for it at the time and sold it to another rider for what I paid for it in '76 . Don't know if they are still in business but they made a nice bike for sure !! Here's the pic I found:

It was a FAR different riding bike than my Raleigh Tourist by far !! :twisted: :twisted:

monbla256

Reaction score
So there are NO other bike riders here? Thought I'd get lots of pics of the rides folks use but from the dirth of responses I gues no one else rides a bicycle here. To bad as it is an enjoyable pastime. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: