Got Ten-Twelve Grand Burnin' A Hole In Your Pocket?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cannot see the link from work. But if it's the one I am thinking of, it's a beauty. I just love the stain. The curved rim. So much about it to like. And never smoked.

This the one where the seller is in AZ I think?

Those Nordh Nautilus pipes are beautiful but I think that even if I was independently wealthy I would have a hard time spending that kind of money on a pipe.

Coopersark had one on eBay not long ago that went for well over $10,000.

I guess the price would reflect a combination or craftsmanship, artistry, reputation, and rarity.

Michael Parks, among others, have wonderful artistic talent. But the $$$ amount involved is incredible. Maybe some have the mindset of those who collect pieces of art as an investment but I suspect that collectors on this level... see, want it, have the $$$ to spend and they'll buy it.

:D Paul

Damn Mike, and here I thought you were gonna score $10,000 when I saw the AZ address.

a diff take on the same idea....

Imagine Momma,the Boss, your kids, just whoever loves ya, made that land in your lap... Would ya smoke it?

Think the first bowl would be a house mix of 50% PA, 25% Carter Hall, 25% Lane 1Q :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid:

Wow, I wonder how long it will be before another unsmoked Nordh like that hits the market?

CrosbyPipes":8j27c7z4 said:
Wow, I wonder how long it will be before another unsmoked Nordh like that hits the market?
John, are you trying to inflate the price :?:

:lol: Paul

puros_bran":97agpuso said:
a diff take on the same idea....

Imagine Momma,the Boss, your kids, just whoever loves ya, made that land in your lap... Would ya smoke it?

Think the first bowl would be a house mix of 50% PA, 25% Carter Hall, 25% Lane 1Q :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid:
No way Jose!!!!!!!!!! If I were to buy it then I'd consider it a very expensive investment in a one of a kind briar sculpture...It's better than money in the bank :lol:

Best,
Dock

You know, for the price of a decent vehicle, that pipe ain't much to write home about. To each his own, but it sort of scares me.

Only 18 hrs left, you boys better gett your snipe bids in before ya miss out......

Even if I could afford that pipe, the only way I'd buy it is if it made el-cheapo drugstore tobacco taste like the Dunhill blends of forty years ago, (and even then I'd have to smoke a lot of tobacco over the next several decades to make it worth it!). Too expensive for me.

Natch

Putting aside the "think of all the starving children that money could feed" argument, that is still an obscene amount of money to spend on one pipe.

I cannot justify paying that price. How can someone say that is worth 10 grand?