Gout

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
Ouch. I have attacks usually in my right foot, great toe. It looks like I have a bunion from all the attacks and enlarged joint. This time the attack is in both joints in my left hand thumb. I'm trying to trace what purines I may have consumed to precipitate the attack.

Allopurinol #3. Daily. No gout for years & years. But docs have me on Allopurinol to prevent kidney stones.

Via Google: “Allopurinol is a medicine used to lower levels of uric acid in your blood. If you produce too much uric acid or your kidneys do not filter enough out, it can build up and cause tiny, sharp crystals to form in and around your joints. Allopurinol is used to treat gout and kidney stones.”

I have taken, at various times, Allopurinol and Colchicine for my gout. I try not to take meds, but I think I may have to go back on Allopurinol or Colchicine.

Allopurinol #3. Daily. No gout for years & years. But docs have me on Allopurinol to prevent kidney stones.

Via Google: “Allopurinol is a medicine used to lower levels of uric acid in your blood. If you produce too much uric acid or your kidneys do not filter enough out, it can build up and cause tiny, sharp crystals to form in and around your joints. Allopurinol is used to treat gout and kidney stones.”
Never had gout! Like you, my Doc has me on Allopurinol for the kidney stones. FTRPLT