GrampaGrossbart in P&T mag

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Our own Jesse (GrampaGrossbart) has just had an article published in the Fall issue of P&T magazine!

Entitled "A Friendship in Art" on pg 18, it details the commission he collaborated with Mark Tinsky on as well as the events leading up to it. This is the Calderon pipe Jesse showed us on one of his posts a while back.

The article is well written as Jesse is a talented writer and has had his novels published. I had the rare pleasure of sharing a pipe and chat with him at the brewery a few weeks before I retired and moved. He's a very interesting guy, quite bright and articulate, and I learned a lot about him and had no idea up until then that he was a successful author.

On that occasion Jesse brought the Tinsky Calderon to smoke and told me a bit about its history. And now to see his article and learn more of the details makes this sweeter.

Well done Jesse, and hope to see you posting again here soon. I was given to understand during our conversation that he had a job offer that he said he was considering, so he may be focused on that at present rather than the board.

Check it out, you'll find it fascinating!

Cheers,

RR

Thanks for sharing the story, Rande! It's been in the works for a while, and it's very cool to know it's finally in the wild. Here's the cover of the issue, and the first page of the article:

thumbnail

41118224_10216569067889006_6238858018016985088_n.jpg

Also, and this should go without saying in these parts: if you don't have one already, get Mark Tinsky to make you a pipe. The man is a master, but he's also a great guy and a lot of fun to work with. Couldn't have asked for a better collaborator.

GrampaGrossbart":q7corofw said:
Also, and this should go without saying in these parts: if you don't have one already, get Mark Tinsky to make you a pipe. The man is a master, but he's also a great guy and a lot of fun to work with. Couldn't have asked for a better collaborator.
I can get behind this statement Jesse. BTW, your article was a great read.

What an interesting collaboration between you and MT as you both seem to be kindred souls while spanning a generation or so in age!

Cheers,

RR