Grand Croupier, 3 Blends In Stock 1/14/2021

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
$15.34 lb.
Added 1/15/2021: Wow!! Boneyard, the English blend went OOS within hours of being available.
I haven't purchased it in quite a while, but when I was buying the English version, I thought it was a great value. There used to be four blends, and the description still cites four, but there's only been three blends for several years.
In my ongoing search for a palatable aromatic
(lol) I'm going to order 8 oz. of Grand Croupier Jack Pot to which I will add the remaining 4 oz. of whole leaf latakia from a prior purchase. I'm really gonna do it and if it tastes and smokes like dookie, it'll be a give-a-way.
Grand Croupier: Jack Pot : 8oz Item No: 005-651-0004, $8.36
Subtotal: $8.36
Sales Tax (MN Residents): $1.07
Shipping (First Class Mail): $5.18

Total: $14.61

Last edited:
A couple of years ago, I ordered 4 lbs. Grand Croupier Boneyard, expecting a hodgepodge English blend. What I received was almost an aromatic. I emailed Smoking Pipes and got an almost immediate response.
"We're terribly sorry. There's been a mistake. The person assigned to accumulating the odds and ends to make the three blends wasn't really aware of the profiles of the component tobaccos."
There was the offer to return it, with a refund on shipping also. I accepted the shipping refund and free shipping on 4 lbs. of latakia which I added to what had been previously received. Smoking Pipes CS was very open and accommodating, admitting that several hundred lbs. of tobacco was being returned.

This time I ordered just 8 oz. of Jack Pot, the aromatic grouping. I'm quite certain that I received Double Down. There is absolutely nothing aromatic about the tobacco I received. I added the latakia, pressed it, and I'll check on it in a couple of months.

8 oz.=not worth the trouble of sending it back, and who knows, the final product may be okay.

All 3 blends are now OOS.

Last edited: