Great article on smoking through to the end of the dottle

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have it bookmarked. I know this is going to sound harsh, but I have a problem with articles written to ultimately sell me something. I feel manipulated, and I don't care for it. The past couple or so Smoking Pipes articles I've read were really about selling me something. That's how they made me feel. That could just be me. I know there's some good stuff in there, but when that sales ball drops, the wind is lost for me. If you want to surround the articles with product links, or even drop-down ads as the article loads, that strikes me more as acceptable. Having the article riddled with links, or worse yet, arriving at a place that is blatantly a big ol' ad...eh...yeah. No thank you. I know they have a business to run. It's just that manipulation thing that rubs my fur the wrong way.

*I haven't read this one yet because of my recent experiences. I'm sure I'll read it, but my enthusiasm is low.

**the one about McClelland and the tobaccos that would appeal to those in a state of loss. I think maybe the one about perique as well. I think it was SP that did that article. I hope I have that accurate.

As always an interesting read. I certainly understand feeling duped after reading some supposed articles that are glorified ads. This one seems to be middle of the road but hey all things considered it could be much much worse.

Jim