Great Grandma Passed

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaiser83

Reaction score
Today my Great Grandmother passed away. She is now in God's hands with her husband, daughter and two sons. One son is left alive as well as lots of grandkids, great grandkids, and 3 great great grandchildren. She was very close to my oldest girl so she's taking it rough. I will be home about a week after the funeral, which isn't scheduled yet or anything. I remember, as a boy, sneaking gummy worms from the giant container on the counter at their country grocery store. Pretty much every year she would give me one of those giant tubs of gummy worms after that. She was a great woman.

I'm very sorry to hear that, Kaiser. You and your children were fortunate to have known her. I never met my "greats" at all, but I proudly bear the name of one of them. I don't think I've ever met a family with five generations alive at once.

Technically we didn't have all 5 in direct lineage. She buried two of her sons, including my grandpa, years ago. We had one 5 generation with my grandma (by marriage) before she passed away but that's as close as we got. This one is just rough because she was always around.

Doesn't matter, man. It's all family. Yours is a rich one. As long as her memory lives on, that wealth will be undiminished.

Truly sorry fer your loss. Sounds like she lived a long good life.

So sorry for your loss brother. Will pray for you and your family and hope you find peace.

Jim

kaiser, Sorry to hear of your loss, I lost my Grandma quite some time ago and she too was a Grand lady that I have nothing but, fond memories of and sadness in my heart to this day.
Grandma's are special and you are very lucky to have had her around for so long.
My most sincerely condolences sir.

My condolences for your loss to you and your family Kaiser.

I'll carry you in my heart and thoughts in this troubled time my friend, all the best to yourself and your loved ones, sorry for your loss.

Never even came close to knowing a great-grandparent ... lost all four of my grandparents before I was 30 ... lost my mom just after I turned 40, then my dad the year I turned 49 ... it was a really stark realization to face being the senior member of my family tree at that age ... in the years since, I can't tell you how many times I wanted to speak with one of my elders, even if it wasn't for advise, though there have been no shortages of occasions when the advise would have been more than welcome ...

Count your blessings that you knew her for the years that you did and keep her memory alive, not only in your own life, but in those of others in your family ... it's a rare treasure ...

Thanks y'all her funeral will be huge, everyone knew and lived her in the community after all those years.

Very sorry for your loss brother :(I can remember my great grandmother like it was yesterday. They come from one of the greatest most hard working generations there ever was. Two of the best generations are fading fast.

Very sorry, Kaiser.

That's a nice article - you must have many, many wonderful memories.