Great idea for keeping track of smokes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

somedumbjerk

Reaction score
i started a cigar journal on advice from a friend of mine. he has one of the "33 Cigars" books. it's great, and it fits in your pocket, but i wanted some improvement. i wanted to be able to revisit and see how my tastes change or how the cigar changes with age. i took a simple notebook, and the idea is you tape the ring on the book and write the name, vitola, price, how long it's rested and where you got it. then take some notes on the smoke. simple, effective and useful. hope it helps!

8T1e0yU.png

I've been keeping s journal for a couple years now. It is a fun way to keep track of notes ets.

I've known a lot of guys who've kept cigar (and pipe) journals and feel they're accomplishing something highly positive in so-doing ... it's something I've recommended to beginning smokers because there are so many alternatives on the market, it can be confusing, even overwhelming for someone just starting out ... did it myself in earlier years and found it helpful.

But, for me, on an ongoing basis, it's just a lot more work than I care to do ...