Great Pukko - Great Deal

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a bravo necker 2 I was pocket carrying for a year or so, but wanted something more substantial, and this one fit the bill. It’s a little beat up these days, but it serves me well. The edge is still pretty mint with just stropping at 3k and 6k grit compound. I’ve been wearing it on my belt daily for maybe 2 yrs now. I may send it back to them to get tuned up someday.

The Helle Tamegami…$200 currently. Two versions: Triple laminated Helle steel & Carbon Steel.

49E62A94-872E-4984-8EA8-D9ECA4BB6EED.jpeg

Don't hunt anymore but my fav hunting knife for years was a 50s vintage Sears & Roebuck I bought in HS. Took a bit to get the edge but once there I could field dress 3 or 4 deer before it needed honing. Still have it just don't use it anymore. After sharpening on a stone, I could shave with it just like Cricodile Dundee, lol.

The Helle Tamegami…$200 currently. Two versions: Triple laminated Helle steel & Carbon Steel.

View attachment 3901
Personally, I don’t see the use of carbon steel in the field. I’m not a big fan of rusting. It’s great in the kitchen or workshop though. I’ve come to like cpm 154, I think it has a pretty good balance between edge retention, rust resistance and toughness.