Great Tennessee Pipe Shop Discovered

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swede

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
While taking lunch the other day, I got on my phone to search for a pipe tobacco source around me. I was almost on top of this one called Ye Ole Pipe Shoppe & Cigar Lounge in Jackson, TN. Since I had some time left, I walked over, and it was a really nice shop with some harder to find tobaccos like Samuel Gawith St James Flake, Squadron Leader, and some good size bags in boxes of another Samuel Gawith blend. Also, several GL Pease, Samuel Gawith, blends, and house blends that said to be good. The folks were real friendly, and one older customer helped me out with questions about Squadron Leader. If you are ever in the area, this is really one to stop by for some tobacco. Swede

I bought some nice estate pipes in Jackson at some antique malls one year. Was really out of the ordinary but makes more sense now.

You're very fortunate to have a shop like that near you Swede. Many of us don't.

Cheers,

RR
It's not as close as I'd like, but anytime I'm passing through and can, I'll stop. All the guys were just laid back, and one was a seasoned pipe smoker even though he was smoking a cigar at the time. We discussed types of tobacco for different bowl shapes and sizes. I only know what I read, but he knew from experience. Swede

Heck! Been right by the place a number of times when traveling between central IL and FL. I often stay at the Comfort Suites, or the Quality Inn. Usually eat at Rafferty's just a couple blocks away. I will have to make an allowance in time to stop and check them out.

I/we stay at the Hilton Double Tree just down Hwy. 45 from this B&M. Fine place to spend some time, usually when I'm traveling by myself!!!! FTRPLT

In the 20+ years I've been going here, the staff and customers have always been top-notch.