Greetings All

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragonslayer

Reaction score
Hi all;
I've been a reader on the board for over six months, and yes my first post was a bit much. I'm a member of 3 pipe smoking boards and with all the forums I read on woodworking and gaming, there's only so much time to post. I've been a cigar smoker for over 20 years with pipe smoking taking over the last few. I'm from Pittsburgh and have done some traveling and lived in HI for 5 years.

My main focus is in cellaring and proper ageing, writing a good bit about both along with tobacco reviews. I've mainly concentrated on tobacco buying for obvious reasons, and put off buying/collecting pipes for awhile until my cellar is well stocked. For now it's more important to find the blends I enjoy, mainly VaPers and keep the pipe buying or refurbishing to good smokers. Hope this wasn't too much information for a greeting, and look forward to sharing thoughts with all of you. I see a few friends from other boards here and sure there's a few hiding :suspect: Don't believe them! :tongue: 

Craig

Believe them! He is a supporter of P&C despite all of their issues! And he argues his biased point!:lol: 

Hiya Craig, nice to meet you and welcome to BoB, smart move on concentrating on the cellar, a Va/Per man eh, most excellent taste in tobacco. :cheers: :cheers: 

Welcome Craig glad to have you on board. Like you and many others I buy tobacco from P&C. Always had good service. For the most part they have the best prices but when someone else has a better price I buy from them. Our friend Russ Oullette takes a lot of heat for things and happenings that he has nothing to do with. People often forget that he is a tobacconist and a master blender. He no longer sets policy or prices. He's an employee of the company that bought P&C. I agree that things have changed since the buyout and not everything is to my liking but as long as they have the cheapest prices on what I'm buying I'll continue to buy from them. Now that I've got that rant out of my system I'm looking forward to reading your post. Hope you enjoy your experience with what I consider the best pipe smokers forum on the web. :) 

AJ