Greetings All...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Ian Minton here from Chicago, I see some familiar names and topics and I look forward to chatting. Feel free to contact me at any time if you have any Danish pipes to trade or sell. I primarily look for pipes carved by Poul Hansen, Sixten Ivarsson, Jess Chonowitsch, Former (and his students), and Peter Heeschen.

Other than pipes my main interests are macro and micro finance, politics, history, fiction, digital photography, backgammon, fitness, and outdoors. I've been smoking pipes since 1993, and started collecting High Grade Danish pipes several years back under the keen and helpful eye of Rex Poggenpohl and the rest of the crazy cat's over at Iwan Ries here in Chicago. My first Danish pipes were Stanwell, and from there it only got... what's the word I'm looking for... EXPENSIVE:) But it is a wonderful hobby. I think I spend more time looking for pipes on the internet than I do actual (T=$) moolah;)

Anyways gents, like I said-- don't be strangers!

Kind regards,

Welcome, Ian. If your photography interest has merged with your pipe interest I'd love to see some photos of your Ivarsson pipes, in particular.

Post often,
showme

Good to see you here, Ian. Always interesting and always informative. Post often.

Hello and welcome, Ian. Former is one of my favorite carvers and I currently have 4 in my collection. Every year he stops off in Champaign (Jon's Pipe Shop) for a few days on his way to the Chicago show. It's a great opportunity to visit with him and check out the pipes he is taking to the show, minus what gets snapped up there. Besides Teddy and Tonni, which other students of his do you collect?

MichaelD":9slclukw said:
Hello and welcome, Ian. Former is one of my favorite carvers and I currently have 4 in my collection. Every year he stops off in Champaign (Jon's Pipe Shop) for a few days on his way to the Chicago show. It's a great opportunity to visit with him and check out the pipes he is taking to the show, minus what gets snapped up there. Besides Teddy and Tonni, which other students of his do you collect?
I've been to that pipe shop-- the one with the French guy right that distributes for Hans here in the US:)

I'm trying to think what I have right now;) I've got quite a few put away- besides Eltangs and Tonni's I think that's it. I've done the Ilsteds (had 10 or 12 and traded them off mostly to a guy named Mike Penix for S. Bangs), and I've owned several Hedegaards, which were pretty darn good smokers-- but those were traded off as well for bigger fish! But my Tonni's--- whoa buddy I'd never get rid of them, they're smoking machines!!!

Ian Minton":pbcvt4jj said:
I've been to that pipe shop-- the one with the French guy right that distributes for Hans here in the US:)
The shop is owned by Pat Callaghan, and Mike LaDue works there. The French distributor is out of St. Louis, but always accompanies Former when he comes to Champaign. I would love to see some pictures of your Tonni's.

Ian, hello and welcome to the board!

Please post some of your "Tonni" pics and others too.

Thanks,
Jim

Ol'Dawg":8dzrt9jt said:
Ian, hello and welcome to the board!

Please post some of your "Tonni" pics and others too.

Thanks,
Jim
Honestly I'd take the time to take some pics, that's no problem- but I'll be damned but I can't for the life of me figure out how:) A little help please fellas:)